Just back from Glory - and got to visit Grand Turk!

jenscruise

Hi all -

I'm just home from debarking the Glory today. I promise to post an insanely detailed review in the next few days, but first is laundry.

Quick overview - obviously, due to Hurricane Omar, we missed St. Maarten but had a magnificent substitution in Grand Turk on Thursday. Honestly that was the highlight of our trip.

Food was a B+. I honestly remember it being so much better on our last cruise 4 years ago. Lido lines were lengthy.

The Glory was a BEAUTIFUL ship. Constantly being cleaned. No noro outbreaks this time around :)

My husband took over 1500 pictures, so there will be tons of photographs once we get those cleaned up and sorted.

I'm going to go work on my review now, I will do my best to get it posted either late tonight or tomorrow - but laundry first! :D

In the meantime, feel free to ask questions - I'll be checking the post in between loads of laundry.

I also loved Grand Turk. The Lido lines were long. I had heard there was some down with Noro but did not affect any of our group. I do have a nasty cold now though:( . Some beautiful and some weird outfits on the Goths and Vampires. Great cruise. Can't wait for my next one in 1 1/2 weeks:D .

Yes, I also picked up a pretty nasty cold on Monday that lasted pretty much until Thursday, but at least it wasn't Noro!

I didn't hear about any Noro on board - glad we got lucky.

The Goths were great fun as a whole, I really enjoyed their intricate outfits as well.

I've got my Capers in hand and am writing my review now!

Quick overview - obviously, due to Hurricane Omar, we missed St. Maarten but had a magnificent substitution in Grand Turk on Thursday. Honestly that was the highlight of our trip.

I'm really glad to hear you had a great time in Grand Turk, but have to admit I'm quite surprised to hear it was the cruise highlight, especially since there had been such severe damage to the island.

Curious to know how far beyond the cruise port you traveled into the area. Will be there in four weeks.

Welcome back!! :)

I'm really glad to hear you had a great time in Grand Turk, but have to admit I'm quite surprised to hear it was the cruise highlight, especially since there had been such severe damage to the island.

Curious to know how far beyond the cruise port you traveled into the area. Will be there in four weeks.

Welcome back!! :)

We found plenty to do right there at the terminal as the beaches were gorgeous and the shopping just what we wanted. However, our travelling mates took a taxi all around the island and they shared our sentiment in terms of it being the highlight of the trip. The natural beauty of the island remains intact. Yes, there was a LOT of damage to structures (they did an impromptu "Ike Tour" with their driver), but the beaches were stunning, as was the snorkleing, and apparently the fishing too.

I'm so excited to hear that you enjoyed Grand Turk. We went there for our 1st anniversary cruise in 2006. I was saddened to hear that the hurricanes hurt this island.

From the CC boards, we went to Govener's Beach about 1 mile north of the cruise terminals. We spent 2 hours on a public, but private beach (met 2 other humans in two hours). Very romantic & the turquoise, pool-esque waters were amazing!

Archived