specific questions about LEGEND in Tampa

suemecham

Hello fellow cruisers!

I am planning a wedding on board while in Tampa and would like some information from people that have been on board the carnival Legend...

1. Where do you get on the ship? (atrium area, but where)

2. Which way is the ship pointing while docked in tampa? (we are looking at having the wedding on the Lido deck aft and want to know what will be behind us)

3. Where are the self-laundry rooms on board the ship? ( an elderly guest needs to know in case of an accident or two)

4. Does the ship stay on Eastern Time the entire cruise, and if so, are the ports all on eastern time too?

5. In the Lido aft area - the farthest point on the back - would there be a place for a very small ceremony with an area to stand in (or are there tables that cannot be moved?)

If there are any cruise critic members cruising on the NOV 30 Legend that would like to attend, they would certainly be welcome! We are trying for 1:00 pm with an officiant from tampa, but we've let him know it might be as late as 1:30 depending on embarkation....

THANKS to everyone that helps....it's very much appreciated!

suemecham

Hello fellow cruisers!

I am planning a wedding on board while in Tampa and would like some information from people that have been on board the carnival Legend...

1. Where do you get on the ship? (atrium area, but where)

2. Which way is the ship pointing while docked in Tampa? (we are looking at having the wedding on the Lido deck aft and want to know what will be behind us)

3. Where are the self-laundry rooms on board the ship? ( an elderly guest needs to know in case of an accident or two)

4. Does the ship stay on Eastern Time the entire cruise, and if so, are the ports all on eastern time too?

5. In the Lido aft area - the farthest point on the back - would there be a place for a very small ceremony with an area to stand in (or are there tables that cannot be moved?)

If there are any cruise critic members cruising on the NOV 30 Legend that would like to attend, they would certainly be welcome! We are trying for 1:00 pm with an officiant from Tampa, but we've let him know it might be as late as 1:30 depending on embarkation....

THANKS to everyone that helps....it's very much appreciated!

suemecham

We've been on the Legend 4 times this year and will have a wedding on there in January so I will attempt to answer your questions.

1. I don't know what you mean by this question but I will assume you mean for the reception. While on the Legend this month and last, we attempted to get answers from the on board wedding coordinator and she was very evasive and unreachable. I don't know why that is, but she was hard to pin down. We will hold our reception on our aft wrap balcony. We have 4 adjoining rooms and if the engineers can get there fast and open the balcony doors, we'll have a bigger area. If not, then we'll have to do with just using the corner wrap balcony for it, no big deal. More would be nice, but will not be necessary.

2. While at dock in Tampa, the ship faces or 'points' to the west. The view from the aft consists of the USS American Victory, some dry docked ships in various states of repair, and oil tanks. Lots of oils tanks.

3. I know that there is a laundry room on the 4th deck aft, right across from cabin 4228. I know that there are at least 3 more, and I think that they are all aft in the ship on different levels.

4. Yes. All carnival ships stay on their home port time because this makes it easier on the guests to keep track of the time during their cruise.

5. Yes, there is plenty of room to have a ceremony back there.

quick response....THANK YOU!

for question #1 I wanted to get an idea of where we board the ship from the pier so I could let the bride and groom know how to get to thier cabin to change and not get lost first thing!

We figured the Lido Aft area would be the best because of all the room... but the only concern would be a row of tables stuck to the floor that could not be moved -- they want the officiant to stand with his back to the glass wall as they look out over the ship while saying vows. Even with the oil tanks and freight area, I think they will have more on thier mind to be thinking of what they can see through the glass. We will just have to take pictures with the background a long way off.

We first contacted Carnival about one of their weddings and were quoted $895 for a small party, then.... when we had more details, I contacted them again and the price had gone up to $1195 and there were no "openings" for a wedding while at the port of Tampa! We decided to just do it ourselves.

Any other posts with additional info is very much appreciated and welcomed! Hope to see some of you onboard too!

THANKS!

suemecham

Hi Sue, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

We were on the Legend in March but I guess I did not pay very close attention!

I do remember Roaton being on a different time.

The aft of the lido deck is the Unicorn bar. There are some tables near the bar and then lounge chairs around the pool and the rest of the area.

We had our meet & greet there. I've heard others do to so you might get alot of guests! Actually it could be us, we are on your sailing. Come on over and join our roll call.

kelly

I see now you are planning the wedding and it is not you getting married so send my best wishes on to the bride & groom.

Now that I've read your second post I thought I'd mention that they might not be able to get to their cabins right away. We could not go to our cabins except to drop off carry ons until 1 or 1:30.

The other thing I thought of is, is the person performing the ceremony a sailing passenger? They do not allow visitors on the ship unless the wedding is put on by the bon voyage/wedding dept.

Happy Planning!

kelly

I am not sure, but pretty confident that if you are planning this wedding yourself, you are going to run into some glitches ie. person performing the ceremony, any catering or setting up, being allowed onboard without going thru the services of either a CCL wedding coordinator or another wedding company that Carnival allows on their ships while in port.

Archived