Port Suggestions

Hi -

I'm looking for suggestions for the following ports - Any help would be appreciated as to the "unmissable" sights or best ways to spend the little time we have there.

The ports we're visiting are Barcelona, Malaga, Cadiz, Lisbon, Lanzarote and Santa-Cruz de Tenerife.

Thanks in advance,

Beth.

I don't know the others, but Barcelona I've been to a few times...

Here's my quick list:

My "A" List:

1. The Sagrada Familia--Gaudi's masterpiece cathedral--simply the MOST FASCINATING building in the world...trust me, nothing comes close...DO NOT MISS

2. Park Guell--Gaudi again, this time a park...like no other park in the world...the mad genius strikes again...

3. Casa Mila--A Gaudi apartment building and it houses a Gaudi museum...and don't miss going up onto the roof...otherworldly...

4. Casa Batllo--you guessed it, Gaudi again--this time a private residence...not a straight line or right angle in the place...

5. Las Ramblas--Barcelona's main street, a great walking promenade...start at the Placa Catalunya and walk south...You haven't been to Barcelona until you've walked this street...

"B" List:

6. Gothic Quarter and the old Cathedral...You can wander off the Las Ramblas to the East into this old part of town and find many entrancing features...

7. Montjuic...All the tours take you here, mostly for the views of the city...but it's really not as important to visit as the Gaudi works or Las Ramblas...

8. El Corte Ingles...Okay, it's a department store (It fronts the East side of Placa Catalunya)...but, it's MASSIVE...and a good place to pick up snacks and bottled water (Supermarket's in the basement) and even gifts at a cheaper price than all those little shops...

9. Food: Choose either Seafood, especially Paella (Saffron Rice in a skillket with assorted seafood, chicken, sausage...or stop in a bar for Tapas (basically finger foods)...

Depending on the length of your stay, you may not have time for all of this...choose wisely...

Have fun...

Archived