Limon Port excursion help

robinlbe

My 73 y.o. mom and I will be there in March. We are interested in the banana plantations, and possibly the rainforest...but the catch is, she isn't able to do a whole lot of walking. Most of the tour recommendations I have seen on this board involve independent tour operators who offer about six places on their tours. We don't want to do that much.

I did find yourluckytour.com by a google search....they offer just a banana plantation tour for $25 per person...if we add a city tour, it's $30 each.

I have a previous post asking if any has used Lucky's, but so far no one has responded....It looks as if this could be a newer outfit, as their website has a 2007 copyright date on it.

So, since I haven't heard anything about Lucky's, I'm obviously afraid to look further into this option.

My question now, is.....do you have someone you would recommend for us?

:confused:

Thanks!!

I will be doing that same tour Thanksgiving with my 74 and 75 yo parents. They are in good health (thankfully) so I'll report back to let you know. I DEFINITELY would not take anything but a ship-sponsored shore excursion in countries such as this when traveling with older parents. If you've been there before and know the countryside, that's different. I've done lots of shore excursions on my own and yes, they will save you a ton of money, but I wouldn't risk it with older parents. :)

Archived