Cat. 5A Spirit French Door ?'s

southbayer

Has anyone ever had this stateroom type before ? The obstructed room with the two french style doors that open inward. Anyway -

How would one keep those two doors open, for constant fresh air ? I suspect there is a mechanism that forces them closed.

Any tips on how to keep them open ? I've seen some pics of the room before, doesn't seem to be anything on the wall on which to latch on to ?

thanks

Put a chair in front of it. But remember, your airconditioner will not work with the door open. You have to do something with a button in the door jam, but I don't know what. On a regular balcony, we used to use the ties off the robes to tie it open.

my bil had a screwdriver and was unbable to remove the door from the hinge and took it all the way off. that lasted for 3 days before the room boy saw it. we told him it came off from the rough seas and the maintmence men put it back of for him. no problemo

The "room boy"? You never cease to amaze madamcruisequeen! :rolleyes:

And you thought someone would believe your door came off due to rough seas?

Had one last year as a matter of fact. Used a bed pillow once, a big box of ciggeretts once, and then I just scooted the end of the bed over to catch the door, the very heavy door. The chair idea sounds perfect. See ya Monday!!!

We cruised in a 5A in June on the Legend.

I liked the idea of the french doors. But, it was so hot that they stayed open for about 10 minutes and then remained closed.

Our twin beds were close to the door. We moved the bed over to open the door and then propped the door open when we pushed the bed back into place.

A door stop will not work because the door is about 8 inches off the floor.

I saw the soda thing on the other thread I was responding too, but now I just looked at her actual posts! This/she has to be a joke...cannot possibly be real!

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I think this poster just created this identity to stir the pot!! stirthepot.gif

my bil had a screwdriver and was unbable to remove the door from the hinge and took it all the way off. that lasted for 3 days before the room boy saw it. we told him it came off from the rough seas and the maintmence men put it back of for him. no problemo

Your BIL MacGyver, or Einstiein? :confused: Couldn't the genius have just stuck a shoe under the door? Maybe next time y'all can take turns holding it open. :p

Sorry to hear the "room boy" spotted it - they ruin all my fun too.

BTW, the doors are french doors, not sliders.

Archived