St Thomas Court House

We are getting picked up at 10:45, and our ceremoney was originally at 2. I pushed the time back because my fiance's cousin was married on the same cruise last year and they were at the courthouse for 3 hours! I don't want to rush to get my hair and makeup done or rushed to get dressed, so I had our ceremony pushed back to 4.

How long has it taken other couples at the courthose? My planner from Royal Ocean Events said it could take up to 2 hours or more. :eek:

We are getting picked up at 10:45, and our ceremoney was originally at 2. I pushed the time back because my fiance's cousin was married on the same cruise last year and they were at the courthouse for 3 hours! I don't want to rush to get my hair and makeup done or rushed to get dressed, so I had our ceremony pushed back to 4.

How long has it taken other couples at the courthose? My planner from Royal Ocean Events said it could take up to 2 hours or more. :eek:

It only took my brother and his new wife about 20-30 minutes.

Also, be sure to say Good Morning before you say anything else! Ha

The court house is about 10 minutes from the cruise terminal. It took DH and I about 20 minutes to get our paperwork done. Now keep in mind that we went there first thing, 8:30am. I gather the later you go in the day, the longer it will take. Why not get off the ship first thing to get license and then go back to the ship to get ready?

It took us maybe 10-15 minutes to get to courthouse. (We were docked at the second cruise post, not the main one.) It took us 20 minutes max at the courthouse. We were picked up at 10:00 am at the cruise port, went to the courthouse, got to Bolongo Bay and met with our officiant and the wedding started right on time at 11:00 am. So, everything went extremely smooth and quick, hopefully it will be the same for you :)

The ship doesn't dock in St. Thomas until 10am, and they said 10:45 is the earliest we could go. For some reason, going to and from the courthouse is all arranged by Carnival, so we can't just get up and go straight away in the morning, although I'd like to. Its no big deal though, I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to get ready. :D

I can confirm that the courthouse is only 10 or 15 minutes from either the main pier at Havensight or from the new pier at Crown bay. Should be a quick trip there and back, but I can't speak to how long you might wait once you get there.

Regarding the ferry to St John -- the Charlotte ferry terminal is on the waterfront right downtown, just a few minutes from the Courthouse. Be aware that the Charlotte ferry runs much less frequently than the Red Hook ferry -- especially in the "off season" from July to November. Also keep in mind that it doesn't save much time to take the Charlotte ferry since it takes about 45 mintues each way. The ferry from Red Hook takes only about 15 minutes.

Archived