When will Dream be ready?

Cruise Arizona

I got an email today from a friend who was booked through a TA on

Carnival Dream for Nov 2009, but now the TA says it will not be ready in time.

She asked me to check on it since I'm the "cruise expert." but I thought I'd ask real cruise experts here at CC.

Whats the status on the Dream? Does my friend need a new TA?

Isn't it a little to early to know about any Dream delays?? I would think it would be!!

You could call Carnival and ask, but I am sure John Heald's blog, Carnival website, Dream blog and other things would be reporting a delay if there was one

Isn't it a little to early to know about any Dream delays?? I would think it would be!!

You could call Carnival and ask, but I am sure John Heald's blog, Carnival website, Dream blog and other things would be reporting a delay if there was one

From someone who manages enterprise-sized projects and programs, no, it's not too early. But I would say without any Carnival announcement, this information is just speculation.

I am already booked on the Dream's Thanksgiving Cruise (11/23/09) out of NYC. My boys would really be upset if its cancelled.

I was asking my TA if she had any brochures about the Dream since the Oasis information was released and she said no. Other than the Carnival website there's nothing available.

Do you think it will be added to the Carnival brochures anytime soon?

Does anyone know when the bookings for May 2010 may open up? They have had April's open for months now. The last I heard it was "this fall" whatever that means. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's soon.

The main thing that appeals to me about the Dream is this; I like the bigger ships, the kids like the Fantasy class due to the new Waterworks area. But on the Dream, we all win!

It happens. Didn't NCL's Pride of America sink at the dock?

Wow, I'd never heard any mention of an issue w/ that ship, so did a Google seach. . . .

<<Pride of America, slated for launch in July 2004, had been swamped in a gale while being built, leaving a good portion of its hull under water. The unfortuante event caused NCL America, Norwegian Cruise Lines U.S.-flagged subsidiary, to rush another ship in its international fleet -- now known as Pride of Aloha -- into service.>>

Wow, I'd never heard any mention of an issue w/ that ship, so did a Google seach. . . .

<<Pride of America, slated for launch in July 2004, had been swamped in a gale while being built, leaving a good portion of its hull under water. The unfortuante event caused NCL America, Norwegian Cruise Lines U.S.-flagged subsidiary, to rush another ship in its international fleet -- now known as Pride of Aloha -- into service.>>

If I recall correctly, the investigation determined that numerous exterior doors and portholes were left open prior to the storm causing the ship to take on water and sink. Oops. :)

I got communications from Carnival yesterday and they said the 9 day inaugural cruise (from Port Canaveral) will be December 3, 2009. I would check with Carnival, just to make sure before panicking because this can be the inauguaral from Pt. Canaveral only. They could have something sooner from other ports.

I have not heard ANYTHING about a delay for Carnival Dream... I am celebrating my birthday on the inaugural (Yeah, I know... taking my chances) but I'm not aware of any Carnival ships coming into service late in the past en years, so I think I'm going to be okay....

I got communications from Carnival yesterday and they said the 9 day inaugural cruise (from Port Canaveral) will be December 3, 2009. I would check with Carnival, just to make sure before panicking because this can be the inauguaral from Pt. Canaveral only. They could have something sooner from other ports.

Were you booked on anything earlier? The Carnival Website still shows cruises starting in September.

I wonder if my friend's TA might have a little inside information.

I am booked on the second sailing Oct. 3, 2009 and have called my TA who has called Groups dept. and several other sources at Carnival and she was told that they have not heard a thing about any delay and that all sailings were still on. Let's just hope it's true, I was bumped off the Freedom med cruise and our group will have a fit if we are bumped of this one too.

Were you booked on anything earlier? The Carnival Website still shows cruises starting in September.

More than likely, misinformation. Its pretty hard to keep a secret when a ship is delayed. If one TA knew and they are telling clients, the press would be all over it.

Carnival usually has their new builds done a few weeks before the plan inaugural.

Maybe the TA is trying to get the client to book another ship.:confused:

No I was not booked on anything earlier. It's just communications for Carnival that I got. But like I said, it could be the inaugural from Pt. Canaveral only. They could have something sooner from another port. After all, they do need to bring that Ship to America and sailing it empty, is usually not an option.

No I was not booked on anything earlier. It's just communications for Carnival that I got. But like I said, it could be the inaugural from Pt. Canaveral only. They could have something sooner from another port. After all, they do need to bring that Ship to America and sailing it empty, is usually not an option.

Aha, now I understand the confusion about the readiness:

The ship's maiden/inaugural (very first) voyage will be from Europe.

The ship's US inaugural will be in November from New York.

The ship's US inaugural from its permanent home port (Canaveral) will be the 9-day in early December.

It's all just semantics.

Aha, now I understand the confusion about the readiness:

The ship's maiden/inaugural (very first) voyage will be from Europe.

The ship's US inaugural will be in September from New York.

The ship's US inaugural from its permanent home port (Canaveral) will be the 9-day in early December.

It's all just semantics.

BINGO!

• 1 month later...

Hi all

For anyone that lives in New York... Carnival Dream is coming to New York from Italy on November 13, 2009...

They have scheduled a 2 day Nowhere Cruise from New York City Port on November 13 to 15, 2009 before the ship head down to Florida.

If there is a delay it must be in Florida because they just added the 2 day cruise from New York.

I'm allready booked on that cruise for Nov. 13..

I can't wait to see the new Carnival Dream ship. The pictures look great..

Archived