How Noisy?

2iowacruisers

We finally entered all the information for our Fun Pass and was looking at our documents. I am assuming that the number on the luggage tags is our cabin number? If so, we got the farthest back cabin on the Riveria deck. Can any of you veteran cruisers give us newbies some expectations on how noisy it will be back there or will we be able to feel the rocking motion? Also, can one call Carnival and request a new room, even if it means us paying a little additional. I would rather not be in our room sick the entire cruise so a little extra money to move is worth it to me.

We finally entered all the information for our Fun Pass and was looking at our documents. I am assuming that the number on the luggage tags is our cabin number? If so, we got the farthest back cabin on the Riveria deck. Can any of you veteran cruisers give us newbies some expectations on how noisy it will be back there or will we be able to feel the rocking motion? Also, can one call Carnival and request a new room, even if it means us paying a little additional. I would rather not be in our room sick the entire cruise so a little extra money to move is worth it to me.

Although I've not had that cabin on a cruise I would expect there to be some vibration from the propellers.

Yeah, you can call Carnival and request an upgrade or a different cabin on the Riviera Deck.

Without knowing which ship and cabin number, it is safe to say that there is more motion the further you go up and forward/aft from the center cabin on the lowest deck. I had the furthest cabin aft on the lowest deck and was fine last cruise. Motion was fine, and minimal engine noise. If you are concerned about seasickness, grab some ginger or get the patch.

I think I would check with Carnival and see what is next to you (there is a huge area that the deck plan shows nothing). Then, I don't think it would be very noisy as

a) you are the very last cabin, so no noisy passengers waking you up or screaming in the hallway

b) the crew deck and other non-public decks are below you. So the engine room will not be directly below you. At least, that was my understanding upon checking this out prior.

We are platinum cruisers and we also just got off the Imagination today where we had 2 aft OV cabins at the back of deck 2. The last 3 cruises we have requested the back of the ship for the following reasons:

!. Less noise from passengers, you see very few passengers if any at all near the rooms we have had at the aft.

2. Less rocking in our opinion

3. Maybe a little more vibration but not much more and it is very consistent, which helped me sleep (I am a very light sleeper) as opposed to starting and stopping of vibration.

Hope this helps!:)

Archived