Oh no! Kids on NYE cruise?

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

On our Valor cruise (7 day) there was a ton of kids on the ship. We were told there were over 1200 kids on that sailing. Never had a bad cruise but this was the worst one because of the behavior of the kids.

On our Fantasy NYE cruise last year there were several hundred kids on the ship but they must have been the well behaved one cause I never had a problem.

So yes more than likely there will be a tons of kids on the NYE sailing-just hope you are lucky and get the well behaved ones.

I agree with the OP. Since it is a 'reasonably priced' cruise, you will probably have a LOT of kids on board. I wouldn't worry about it. A cruise with lots of kids still beats staying home over NYE. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time.

Probably. It's a holiday & that's when families cruise.

Exactly! Rule of thumb is any time school is out, there will be more kids, so Christmas break, spring break, Thanksgiving, summer are all peak season for kids. You should have mentioned this to your TA if that was an issue. Small ship like that, you will definitely not avoid them. Better plan on a big bar tab ;)

We were there last New Year, back to back actually, Yes there were children.

No problems with children, only problems were medical emergencies, weather and the adults that acted like children.

Enjoy yourself, there is something special about New Year's on a cruise ship!

My husband and I are going on the Inspiration November 3rd,,,and I don't care if there are 8000 children on board,,,,,,none of them are MINE:D

I don't have to pick up ONE dirty sock off the floor,,,nor deal with ONE misbehaving child,,,nor comfort one crying child,,,nor wake up at 5am with a toddler,,,nor arrange even ONE social excursion,,,,

We picked the latest dinner choice, simply because families with small children are more LIKELY to eat earlier,,,,We picked a ship with a Serenity area just for adults,,,and I have NO COMPUNCTIONS about moving if there's a whiny child nearby,,,

It sounds like I hate children,,,,I do not,,,I love them,,,I have 3 myself, and 2 grandchildren,,,we just took our grandchildren to Disney World and we had a blast. We take our older grandson EVERYWHERE and have been (over the years) to Disney, camping, fishing trips, Beach excursions, Busch Gardens and Key West, and now that my granddaughter is 2, we fully expect to do more with HER,,,

But this trip,,,,,,,NO KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been 20 years since my hubby and I have been ANYWHERE without at least ONE child for more than an afternoon. The last time was a cruise (3 day) on the Dolphin IV in 1988 (seriously dating myself, here),,,and we've been promising eachother another wonderful romantic cruise for 20 years.

14 days to go, and I am so excited, I can't even see straight,,,,I'm hoping I don't get so loopy with excitement packing that I forget something,,,I've got 3 lists going!!!!!!

Holly

I teach preschool. Yep some of them are little monsters..but thats the parents fault, not the childs. You only learn what you are taught is acceptable. Not being mean, its just true.

My children know when they go somewhere HOW TO ACT.

I was booking our Triumph cruise and refused to pay 2000 more for the same cruise at Christmas so I'm taking my kids out of school for the week of Dec 7-14. I hope the parents of the other children on board will make sure their kids are listening and following the rules. I am all for kids having fun but when they are OBNOXIOUS and really ANNOYING then it really inhibits you enjoying your trip.

Holly I hope you and your DH have a fantastic cruise.

Bonnie,,,,THANKYOU :) We are SOOOOOO looking forward to it,,,They said it would be difficult when the kids grew up,,,,

HAH!!!!!!! Love them all, and they're all welcome any time they want to come over,,,,2 of them actually still live at home (older one is married with her own kids),,,,but it is HEAVEN to be able to go off for a few days or a week and treat ourselves. I expect to cruise again next August or September,,,would actually like to cruise in the winter, but at the prices, we can do two at other times of the year for the same price,,,,so,,we look for bargains and hopefully go at least once, if not twice, a year from here on out :) Holly

Well lets see..... kids out of school due to a holiday.....so yes they will be out in force. Also because the Holiday has such a small Camp Carnival, the older kids normally have to use the other lounges or buffet area for their activities.

A bit of research and you would have found that on the Fantasy, they just put in a room just for the 12-14 year olds called Circle C. The 15-17 year olds have their own room called Club O2. The rest of the age groups are in Camp Carnival on Deck 9 aft.

Dave

January and February not many Kids. Great time to cruise. :D

Don;t forget, though, that most kids in the Northern part of the country have February and April breaks instead of one March (Spring) break,,,

I always found February to be HIGHLY booked, myself,,,,

January is better,,,September, October, early May I always thought were good,,,,

Holly

Don;t forget, though, that most kids in the Northern part of the country have February and April breaks instead of one March (Spring) break,,,

I always found February to be HIGHLY booked, myself,,,,

January is better,,,September, October, early May I always thought were good,,,,

Holly

Mid October is out because they have a Fall Break in my area. The cruiselines know it as the prices for that sailing was $200 higher than the week before and after.

Dave

Archived