Who can tell me about the galley tour?

Glassrobinson

How do I find out when it is offered? Is it listed in the Capers?

Yes....just check them everyday...it should be scheduled at least once. Even though I haven't been on Carnival yet that is the way it has been done on every cruise I have been on.

DH and I did the galley tour on the Legend last month and it was advertised in the Capers. It was very ineresting. It took place in the dining room. A lot of passengers participated. The maitre d talked about how much food it takes to feed people. I mean he had it down to the pounds. He told us how many pounds of chicken, ice-cream, hamburgers, etc. we consumed on our cruise alone. How much wine, beer, liquor, and soda was consumed. How much water we used, how much toilet paper we used, how much shampoo and soap we used. How much food the chefs cook each night. Then he took us through the kitchen and it was so amazing how clean it was considering all the people they had to feed. It was definitely worth going to. I found the statistics more interesting than the tour of the kitchen :)

Being a retired chef, I'm always interested in the galley tours; however, I've not been overly impressed. Some have been nicer than others. Some have been a short walk through the prep area; some give demos on fruit/veggie carvings; some feature dessert prep; some a sous chef chats about food. Varies cruise to cruise. I've always noticed a little blurb in the Capers as to time/place. Look closely.:)

We just got off the Conquest Sunday and they had a galley tour offered. It was advertised in the Capers. Since this was our first cruise being Platinum, they offered a special tour for Platinum guests. We enjoyed it very much and we even got to taste a chocolate mousse. (Yum!). Here are some pictures.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Archived