Would you steal a towel, pool towel or robe?

Boo Boo

Would you ever take a RCCL/hotel towel, pool towel or robe?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever take a RCCL/hotel towel, pool towel or robe?

• Yes - I have done so before.
    • I haven't yet, but I would consider doing it.
    • No - I would never consider doing this.

[quote name='Mark_K']Too bad she didn't let you keep it. According to Antiques Roadshow, at auction, one of those in mint condition is worth $75,000. :)[/quote]

Funny you should mention that.....

But seriously, I have seen a few over the years....but, frankly, I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole.

That kind of humiliation and fear has a long, long lifespan.

[quote=G'ma;16723005]I am not a thief.

My one venture into thievery was at the age of nine. I stole a dime bank from a local store. Was fascinated by the darned thing. Everyday you put a dime in the bank - and the date would change. Nice, silvery, shiney thing was irresistable.

As soon as I got it home, I put a dime in it (considering my total allowance for the week - when I got one was .25, a dime was a big investment)...and sure enough; the date changed. I kept opening it up, taking the dime out and putting it in again. What fun!!

When my Mother got home from work, she asked me where I got the bank. Being nine and very, very clever, I told her "the man at the store gave it to me". WELL, my mother laid me out with a tongue-lashing I can still hear today...almost 60 years later.

Next morning, she marched me and that bank down the hill. I was told to walk in to that store alone, go up to "the man" (who was the owner), tell him what I'd done, return the bank - with my precious dime inside, apologize and promise never to do it again. I was TERRIFIED of him and of my Mother. I swear, that man must have been 7 feet tall...with the longest arms and biggest hands I'd ever seen!!!

That cured me for life. I've never stolen a thing since and have nothing but disgust for those who do......at least anyone over the age of nine.[/quote]

I was about 5 when I was "cured for life". I tried to steal some penny candy from a store that was right around the corner from our home (Brooklyn, New York). It was just a few pieces, but my worn old pocket gave way as I was leaving and the candy spilled on the floor!!! :eek:

I bolted for home as the store owner called after me! I was HORRIFED! This was the store where me and my siblings always bought our candy whenever we had money. He didn't call me by name did he?!! He hadn't seen my face and recognized me had he???!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well of course he did and got word to my mother, who promptly marched me back there to apologize - scolding me each step of the way. I was so afraid to face the store owner again. I swear, that man must have been 8 feet tall!!! (Remember, I was younger than you at the time.) Ashamed, I was in tears the whole time. But he was so gracious, telling me why what I did was wrong but that he knew I meant it when I promised I would never do it again and that I was welcome back into his store anytime. And then he gave me a free piece of candy.

That candy might not be worth $75,000 today but I know G'ma you'll understand when I say the lifetime values forged in me back then are priceless.

Thanks for bringing back bittersweet memories G'ma :)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=3]~ Judy[/SIZE] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

the only time I would take a towel...would be if my curling iron was still on the warm side and I needed to wrap it so it doesn't do any damage to anything else. I have done that in AC many times. Not on RCCL, no curling involved on the last day that you go home. :)

[quote name='Boo Boo']Simple question: would you ever consider taking a RCCL/hotel towel, pool towel or robe?[/quote]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE="3"]Simple answer: NO, I would not ever consider "taking" an RCCL/hotel towel, pool towel or robe. Someone who carries out an act of filching another person's property without that person's freely-given consent is known as a THIEF.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"]OK, as long as we're talking about swiping towels, lets say you sitting by the pool & you decide to watch some pool games for 30 minutes or so. You return to your chair & find that someone had made off with you towel. What do you do? Find another on a vacant chair & walk off with theirs or pay the price ($25?) because your honest & wouldn't think of doing anything like that?
[I]Just wondering[/I].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='dizzy205']the only time I would take a towel...would be if my curling iron was still on the warm side and I needed to wrap it so it doesn't do any damage to anything else. I have done that in AC many times. Not on RCCL, no curling involved on the last day that you go home. :)[/quote]My wife used to do that until I showed her how quickly it cools off if you just start some cold water running and stick the hot end in it for a little while (unplug it first, of course).

Archived