Costa Maya on our own with kids

gupsmom

We're on the Independence of the Seas over Thanksgiving. Since we have twin 16 month old girls, on top of our 8, 10 and 11 yr old, we're probably not booking an excursion. I'm looking for something to do that is unique to Costa Maya (that says, "I've been to costa Maya.") and then a good Family beach. We have 4 adults to help with the twins. We can either use the double stroller or 2 baby back packs carriers.

thanks...

Jess

This will be a great port to be on your own. The port itself has a nice large pool for the kids [adults too] and lots of shops too. Then its only a $4 taxi ride to the small town of Mahajual. You will feel very safe there and will find plenty of beach front places that you can enjoy and local shops. The beaches are free but there may be a charge for the chairs. The souvenirs here from the vendors are generally cheaper than in the port. My sister bought some small embroidered purses from a woman who travelled many hours on a bus to sell her wares. The woman charged $5 for the bags. They were $8 in the port stores. It is truly an authenic Mexican town [albeit rebuilt after the hurricane] I think you and your family will enjoy this port and it won't cost much.

Enjoy:)

Archived