Does your PVP "own" your business?

joejo

The price of my cruise has dropped and final payment is not yet due, not paid in full yet. I called last Tue (a week ago) and asked for either OBC or a reduced invoice. PVP says no problem and I should receive an email in a day or 2.

Now here we are a week later and there has been no adjustment to my account and no email from my PVP. I called carnivals 1-800 # and as I am talking to someone (the random PVP that answered the call) and he says that there is a pin # on my account. I don't have a pin # but my PVP put one on there so he is the only one who I can deal with. So I then got transferred to my original PVP and he acts like I am asking for the moon to have this price reduction done. He says that there aren't very many PVP supervisors and that this will take a few weeks and that I need to realize that there are a lot of other people to deal with besides me. I am very polite and not confrontational at all so I was really caught off guard by him being so snippy with me.

Has anyone ever heard of a PVP putting a pin # on their acct?

Is it unreasonable to expect the price to be adjusted within 7 days, 5 of which are working days?

My 1st cruise was booked via TA so this is my first time dealing with a PVP. I am super easy going and do all my own research and just called him up and booked so this was only my 3rd call to him (1st to book cruise [5 min], 2nd to ask about price reduction [2 min] and 3rd to let him know I haven't received the email that he said I would [2 min])

The price of my cruise has dropped and final payment is not yet due, not paid in full yet. I called last Tue (a week ago) and asked for either OBC or a reduced invoice. PVP says no problem and I should receive an email in a day or 2.

Now here we are a week later and there has been no adjustment to my account and no email from my PVP. I called carnivals 1-800 # and as I am talking to someone (the random PVP that answered the call) and he says that there is a pin # on my account. I don't have a pin # but my PVP put one on there so he is the only one who I can deal with. So I then got transferred to my original PVP and he acts like I am asking for the moon to have this price reduction done. He says that there aren't very many PVP supervisors and that this will take a few weeks and that I need to realize that there are a lot of other people to deal with besides me. I am very polite and not confrontational at all so I was really caught off guard by him being so snippy with me.

Is it unreasonable to expect the price to be adjusted within 7 days, 5 of which are working days?

My 1st cruise was booked via TA so this is my first time dealing with a PVP. I am super easy going and do all my own research and just called him up and booked so this was only my 3rd call to him (1st to book cruise [5 min], 2nd to ask about price reduction [2 min] and 3rd to let him know I haven't received the email that he said I would [2 min])

The pin number is probably the last four on your SSN. They asked you for a number and you probably don't remember this. I know because I forgot mine too:o . I don't know if you can change PVP's, I know I want to change mine, he has been no help.

My PVP is nothing like that...he is nothing but helpful when I call. Actually I just got OBC today for our upcoming cruise. I have a pin # associated with my account, but my PVP had me pick the pin so I have it. When I called him today he confirmed that indeed our price had dropped and we had a credit due, but I still had to call a supervisor to override as he was unable to make changes to our account. He also explained that I could be on hold for a few minutes waiting for a supervisor...I waited about 3-4 minutes and had a very pleasant supervisor who took care of everything and yes I had to give her our pin #. I spent maybe 15 minutes total this morning dealing with it...well worth it for the 660.00 OBC between our 2 cabins!

I would definately call your PVP and get your pin #...than you can call the supervisor back and get your credit.

I forgot our pin too. but our PVP never asks for it, but we really like her and get her now each time we call. Last price decrease she left message (as she does have to ask supervisor) but we got it, and she said just let her know if we see any more. I would get a new PVP. I think they have to get permission to lower prices to validate it really did go down.

You can ask your PVP what you made your pin number to be.. They have you set it up when you first setup your cruise. I forgot mine last time and they told it to me after they verified it was me.

I would get a new PVP too. I have had better luck just calling in to the main number. Those people have been nicer than any pvp I had.

I had a similar problem last week with my PVP saying the request was put in (he was working from home), the difference is it is like he has dropped of the face of the earth...2 business days later...no response...and I remembered my PIN so I could just call Carnival and get it taken care of. Now I am a little confused to why my PVP is doing this now...I mean I've asked him for lots more help in the past and he's always been awesome :(

Hi, yes you can change pvp, I called and spoke with a supervisor because my pvp was very rude to me in emails and I sent all the emails to him and it wasn't about an obc it was just normal question about things and I had only emailed her three times in 5 months and didn't call her. Well I had a new pvp assigned to me and so far she is very nice and very helpful. So is you want a new one just call a supervisor and yes the pin number is the last of your ss number.

I don't have a SSN but rather a SIN and I never provided Carnival with it. I will ask for the pin next time I deal with them but the 1st guy said it started with a 2 so it is not my phone number.

Yeah, my PVP said it will now take a few weeks to get the price reduction. I'm hoping the price doesn't go back up in that time frame, lol, now that would be just my luck.

I don't understand why some people can get it done right on the phone (I am willing to wait) and yet my guy says it will take a few weeks after it has already been a week. *shrugs sholders*

I had a similar problem last week with my PVP saying the request was put in (he was working from home), the difference is it is like he has dropped of the face of the earth...2 business days later...no response...and I remembered my PIN so I could just call Carnival and get it taken care of. Now I am a little confused to why my PVP is doing this now...I mean I've asked him for lots more help in the past and he's always been awesome :(

Maybe we have the same guy! The previous 2 phone calls to him were very pleasant but the last one made me feel like I was a waste of his time.

That really sucks..

Call again, ask for a supervisor, explain the situation... get your credit.

A PVP worth dealing with is a PVP that will get back to you about price reductions promptly. They make money on commission, but really... They'll make more money if they keep you happy and coming back than if they don't do a price reduction once and you find out about it.

I'm wondering if anyone still knows about that whole "You'll catch more flies with sugar than vinegar" line.

I don't have a SSN but rather a SIN and I never provided Carnival with it. I will ask for the pin next time I deal with them but the 1st guy said it started with a 2 so it is not my phone number.

Yeah, my PVP said it will now take a few weeks to get the price reduction. I'm hoping the price doesn't go back up in that time frame, lol, now that would be just my luck.

I don't understand why some people can get it done right on the phone (I am willing to wait) and yet my guy says it will take a few weeks after it has already been a week. *shrugs sholders*

try the last 4 digits of your phone number,,,that's what they used for us, and they didn't ask either,,,,so it's not like I chose it,,,

Holly

WOOPS, misread your post,,,I see it's NOT your phone number,,,damm,,,don't know what it could be then,,,,gawd, that's irritating,,,Holly

Depending on how much time you have before your cruise, I would cancel this cruise and rebook with another PVP at the new rate.

Then write Carnival Guest Relations about this PVP.

Or you can call Guest Relations now and file a complaint:

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, Fl. 33178-2428

305-599-2600

Price adjustments are done on the spot immediately.

Fred

Hi Jo.. could your PIN be your ages? I noticed in your sig that you are 27... just a thought.

My PVP got me only one price drop, and it took three weeks for it to show up, she had to submit it to someone else. Then for OBC, she has just said that she can't do it. So I wait until after I know she's off shift, then I call the 1-888 number and tell whoever I reach that I've noticed a price reduction and would like to know if it is possible to get a credit. Less than 3 minutes on hold, and voila! So far so good :)

Good luck!

Depending on how much time you have before your cruise, I would cancel this cruise and rebook with another PVP at the new rate.

If you cancel a booking made through your original PVP and re-book using a different PVP, the original PVP initials will be placed on the new booking that you just made, and you'll be transfered back to this person, This is a rule of their department to prevent PVP's from stealing business from another PVP. They don't want PVP's to encourage cancellations and re-bookings to get the credit.

If you DON'T want to work with a specific PVP, DON'T cancel. Ask to speak to a supervisor and request that your travel plans are handled by someone else. Otherwise your profile and information remain in the original PVP's database, no matter how many times you cancel and rebook.

. I don't have a pin # but my PVP put one on there so he is the only one who I can deal with.

Call the PVP that made the original booking. They WILL give you the pin#.

If you're trying to reach a Reservations Agent through the 800-Carnival number (NOT the same as a PVP), they are required to ask for your pin# to assist you since they don't keep your profile on their database. Only your PVP has your profile stored in their system (SIEBEL), so they're the only ones that will give you the pin#.

The last time I booked, I was asked to provide a personal pin number which will prevent anyone from calling and trying to change my reservation. There are idiots and morons out here who do this because they think it's funny or someone who's made at you. Everytime I've called, they've asked for that pin number.

If your PVP assigned a random pin, then ask him/her what it is.....it's not up to the PVP to make the selection....it's your reservation and you get to decide what it is.

If your PVP refuses, get a supervisor.......

With the pin number, you can talk to any PVP you wish to.

The last time I booked' date=' I was asked to provide a personal pin number which will prevent anyone from calling and trying to change my reservation. There are idiots and morons out here who do this because they think it's funny or someone who's made at you. Everytime I've called, they've asked for that pin number.

If your PVP assigned a random pin, then ask him/her what it is.....it's not up to the PVP to make the selection....it's your reservation and you get to decide what it is.

If your PVP refuses, get a supervisor.......

With the pin number, you can talk to any PVP you wish to.[/quote']

In all of my booked cruises with Carnival, I have never heard of this PIN number. But who knows they probably never gave out the info.

Fred

I just received obc for my Nov cruise on the Glory. My PVP took about 5 days to get it on my account . He said it had to be approved by a supervisor . Seems a reasonable amount of time to me since my cruise was a month away at the time . My pin # is also the last 4 of my ss for the record .

Scott

*blush*

After calling my DH at work and talking to him we realized what the pin is. When I called the PVP and made this post I really had COMPLETELY forgotten about the pin and what it could be, I didn't even remember giving a pin. Now that I know the pin I will use it when I call in and try to get this straightened out.

Thanks for all the responses. Aside from the pin fiasco I am now going to try to get my price reduction.

In all of my booked cruises with Carnival, I have never heard of this PIN number. But who knows they probably never gave out the info.

Fred

I do not know anything about a pin # either.

Altho, we have a great pvp and no problems with her at anytime.

Our last cruise she called me about a price drop, but I`m not sure they are still allowed to do this.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

*blush*

After calling my DH at work and talking to him we realized what the pin is. When I called the PVP and made this post I really had COMPLETELY forgotten about the pin and what it could be, I didn't even remember giving a pin. Now that I know the pin I will use it when I call in and try to get this straightened out.

Thanks for all the responses. Aside from the pin fiasco I am now going to try to get my price reduction.

I forgot too and went through a few numbers before he asked what the last 4 of my SSN was, then I got it right:o . We have too many passwords to remember today.

Our PVP used our last four digits of our phone # I had no clue what they were talking about when they asked for it, however I had called when PVP was out sick and they got a supervisor to override it so that they could get us our OBC

Hmmmmm this is interesting info,,,I booked my cruise with I don't have a clue what her name was,,,,,and she has never called me for SQUAT. If I have a question, I call the 800 number and one of those PVP's helps me after I give my pin number,,,,,,,

I called THEM when the price went down,,,,,,and I wouldn't know my PVP from Adam if she called me right this minute,,,

Usually, I use a local travel agency, but the one here closed,,,so, having been a travel agent myself, I just handle the arangements myself through a PVP,,,

I had no idea they were supposed to be so helpful,,,,

Holly

Archived