Does your PVP "own" your business?

joejo

When I called to get a price drop - I was asked for the PIN. After a moment of panic, I was told that I created the PIN when I called and booked a cabin for my MIL, it was 4 digits and started with a 5. Well, my phone number, cell phone, DH cell phone and address all start with 5, as does my MIL phone number and address. It took several tries, but I got my $360 per cabin price reduction!:D

We might have the same guy! He's been so good up until this point, and now I'm almost afraid to do business with him again if he comes back on the radar. I'm glad you remember your PIN and hopefully you an get this resolved!

I've posted this earlier, so one more time...

I am not paid up yet, so you know.It took my PVP almost two weeks to process my price drop. Then when I did get it, they adjusted the fuel thing, and service fees. I wound up with $125 out of the $200 I thought I had coming. I think this stinks, but, it's better than nothing at all.:o

We are still 95 days from our cruise. I just checked Carnival's website and saw another price drop (my third). I emailed my PVP- within an hour, he responded and gave us the price drop! This is now the cheapest we have ever paid for a cruise and it's 8 days!! :eek:

Depending on how much time you have before your cruise, I would cancel this cruise and rebook with another PVP at the new rate.

Then write Carnival Guest Relations about this PVP.

Or you can call Guest Relations now and file a complaint:

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, Fl. 33178-2428

305-599-2600

Price adjustments are done on the spot immediately.

Fred

I was told by Guest Relations that they only handle comments/complaints AFTER sailing, not before. Just my $.02

Hmmmmm this is interesting info,,,I booked my cruise with I don't have a clue what her name was,,,,,and she has never called me for SQUAT. If I have a question, I call the 800 number and one of those PVP's helps me after I give my pin number,,,,,,,

Holly

It's a technicality, but the reservation agents at the 800 number are not PVP's.

One thing to remember is that PVP's don't work on commission. They get "points" for their bookings. If I were you, I'd find a TA willing to honor the price drop and have your booking transferred. Your PVP won't lose out on anything because they've already gotten the points for the booking so you don't have to feel bad. I have a client who books all of his cruises through a PVP because he really likes the guy then has them transferred to me.

My pin was also my last four of my SSN. When I called to rebook I forgot my pin, but after I verified it was me I was able to rebook my cruise. To your price reduction question, I just called the 1-888 number on the carnival website, and the girl answering the phone gave me the reduction. She did have to call someone else to get my Military Rate cabins reduce, but she did it all in like 10-15mins. This will be my first carnival cruise, and I have spoke to 3 different ppl. Far as I know I havent spoke to a PVP once. Sounds like you got a weirdo. BTW my reduction was on 10/16 by Christina :)

The pin number is probably the last four on your SSN. They asked you for a number and you probably don't remember this. I know because I forgot mine too:o .

In all of my booked cruises with Carnival, I have never heard of this PIN number.

When I came back to sailing on CCL, I was lucky to be assigned to a most wonderful PVP. I've never qualified for a price reduction or OBC, so my rare calls to her were just to check on any possible cabin swap within my category, or perhaps only to say Hi. I'd never had a need to call and speak with someone else, and at no time was a PIN issued, or discussed. I really respected her, and we shared laughs on those calls.

When she left CCL, I was assigned to a goober. I booked a couple of sailings through her, and at no time was a PIN issued or discussed. When an unfortunate situation made me decide to cancel an upcoming sailing, I couldn't reach the goober so I spoke with the regular phones call center. That's when I was asked for my PIN, and I said, "Huh?" It went downhill from there. After a supervisor intervention, my PIN was revealed to me. It was a random number that had no connection to me whatsoever. That was the finale of that replacement PVP.

I've booked several sailings online, and at no time does it ask for creation of a PIN. One of those sailings was cancelled by CCL last June, and I contacted them for re-booking. After eventually getting to someone who knew what was going on, I was (naturally) asked for my PIN. Nope, didn't have one. They said it was a word this time. Did the supervisor game again, and I was quite dumbfounded at the word told to me. No clue where that came from. But with the help of senior management, got a new cruise booked.

Well that new cruise was recently cancelled by CCL, and I got a message to call and re-book yet again. I had written down that bizarre 'word' PIN, and gave them that during the call. "No, Mr. P, that's not it." <sigh> I asked if it was a number or a word, and it was (again) a word. At that point I'd reached nirvana, and asked her to check how many future sailings I had booked, and how many were fully paid way in advance. I then advised that my PIN password was actually three words. . . 'Cancel-All-Ten', and if that was a problem I could successfully do that online. I was suddenly given all the details about my sailing, and a PIN was never again mentioned. She just continued as if it had never been discussed in the first place.

Point of story: No, not everyone is given (or told) a PIN, especially those booking online. Don't wait for them to mention it to you. At the first part of the booking, if by phone, ask them to accept one of your choosing. Then you should carefully write that down to remember.

The price of my cruise has dropped and final payment is not yet due, not paid in full yet. I called last Tue (a week ago) and asked for either OBC or a reduced invoice. PVP says no problem and I should receive an email in a day or 2.

Now here we are a week later and there has been no adjustment to my account and no email from my PVP. I called carnivals 1-800 # and as I am talking to someone (the random PVP that answered the call) and he says that there is a pin # on my account. I don't have a pin # but my PVP put one on there so he is the only one who I can deal with. So I then got transferred to my original PVP and he acts like I am asking for the moon to have this price reduction done. He says that there aren't very many PVP supervisors and that this will take a few weeks and that I need to realize that there are a lot of other people to deal with besides me. I am very polite and not confrontational at all so I was really caught off guard by him being so snippy with me.

Has anyone ever heard of a PVP putting a pin # on their acct?

Is it unreasonable to expect the price to be adjusted within 7 days, 5 of which are working days?

My 1st cruise was booked via TA so this is my first time dealing with a PVP. I am super easy going and do all my own research and just called him up and booked so this was only my 3rd call to him (1st to book cruise [5 min], 2nd to ask about price reduction [2 min] and 3rd to let him know I haven't received the email that he said I would [2 min])

Simple solution. Tell him to cancel your booking. Then call back and rebook with some one else.:)

Bill

I just booked a cruise about 20 minutes ago through the 888 number and was asked for a pin number. The reason I was given for needing a pin number was so that no one could access our account without our knowledge. I don't recall having to do that before.

My pin is the last four digits of my ss number.

It is also what you use IF you were to want to transfer your booking from a PVP to a TA.

Yes, you can change PVPs until you get the one that gels with you.

Mine is wonderful....he watches prices for me...is always there. He even called me on HIS vacation when there was a change in our cruise to make sure I had been contacted (which I had).

I'm on my 3rd PVP this year. I really liked our original guy but he was promoted. On the issue of Pin #'s I have no idea if I have one or what it is? Is it generally a number the customer picks or is it just assigned? I'd call my PVP and ask but I've never spoken to him/her (can't tell from the name). Given the turnover I've had this year I may have 2 or 3 more before I cruise next year.

OK this thread makes me feel much less guilty about wanting to kick my once totally awesome PVP to the curb. I e-mailed him Monday, and I have yet to hear from him. I have some additional questions and I need to adjust my flight times for my transfers (yeah I know, but I'm cruising solo and the transfer is less than a cab)...yes I was able to get the big issue of the price drop handled, but now I'm really hesitant to keep going business with my PVP

Low and behold I received email confrimation today and not in a few weeks like he had said! With an adjustment for fuel surcharge it isn't a ton (or is it tonne?) of $ saved but I still feel it was right to pursue it.

I think I am going to send a thank you note to my PVP and see if I get a response. The confirmation was just an electronic document and not an email from him.

Cheers!

I called in for the reduced price and the person answering the phone asked for my PIN... as I booked online, I said I didn't have one. They made the change and it was done within 5 minutes and I could see it immediately online.

So is this the advantage of booking online?

Archived