NCL Wind questions - leaving tomorrow!

tiggersgrl

I have a couple of questions about the Wind.

1. Do they have irons/ironing boards in the rooms? (We have a Balcony)

2. Is the beach excursion on Fanning Islands worth it?

3. About how long will it take from the time we get to the port to actually get inside our room so we can check things out?

I was on the Sept 11 cruise, and like everyone said there are no ironing boards. Someone in our travelgroup brought a travel iron. It takes about an hour from the time you get in a line to the time you get on board, unless you are a Lattitudes member then your check in time is much faster. Also at Fanning Island go to the private beach it is worth it by far!! Everyone that we heard that complained about Fanning Island didn't go to the other beach. All the photos of the island that you see in the brochure are taken there. Its only $20 and well worth it. We also paid the extra 15 at the beach to rent the hobbie cats(little sailboat),kayaks,bikes, and paddle boats. I hope you have a good time!

I loved the private beach on Fanning Island - I would highly recommend it. I also agree with the comment that the people on our cruise that we talked to who didn't like Fanning Island all went to the main beach instead of the private beach. I think it took us only about half an hour once we got to the port to get to our room. There weren't many in line when we went.

We are going on that same cruise on June 1st. We were worried about going on the special beach on Fanning Island because in the literature it says that there are no bathrooms. I have two young girls that seem to wait until we are where there are no bathrooms before they need to go. Do you still think we should go to the special beach? My girls are excited to take some school supplies and to buy a real seashell necklace. It will be the only island that we shop at since we are not into shopping at all. All the reviews made me want to go until I saw no bathrooms. ??:confused:

It is true - there are no bathrooms on that beach. They do have a tender that will take you across to the main beach, where there are bathrooms and the barbecue. That is somewhat of a pain. But when you go to the other beach, you'll realize how good you have it on the private beach. The main beach is very small, not anywhere near as nice and very crowded. You really get a tropical island experience on the private beach. They do have people set up there with handmade crafts, although there was a bigger bazaar on the main beach.

Archived