Sun Princess cabin choice B753 or D751

Jack1963

Hello.

I am about to book a 10-day on the Sun Princess, and have a choice of either AA Baja 753 or AB Dolphin 751. Both are aft cabins.

I am not sure what to do. The price is certainly more for the AA category and I have always enjoyed a higher deck, but I am curious if anyone can give me any info about the AB aft mini-suites on Dolphin deck.

Is there a significant difference between these two specific cabins??

Any help is appreciated!!

JR

When is your cruise?

Hello.

I am about to book a 10-day on the Sun Princess, and have a choice of either AA Baja 753 or AB Dolphin 751. Both are aft cabins.

I am not sure what to do. The price is certainly more for the AA category and I have always enjoyed a higher deck, but I am curious if anyone can give me any info about the AB aft mini-suites on Dolphin deck.

Is there a significant difference between these two specific cabins??

Any help is appreciated!!

JR

Have stayed in D751 and it was wonderful. Have seen the AA suites and personally wouldn't pay the difference as the mini suites are just as good as the full suites.

Hope this helps

Julie

Finally found someone that did stay in D751 on the Sun. We are booked there for a cruise beginning Feb 27.

I can't tell you how thrilled to get an aft mini on the Sun. We are so looking forward to enjoying a Foo-Foo or three while watching the view of leaving one port on the way to another.

It has been very difficult finding photos of that particular suite anywhere. If know of a site or if you have some of your own that you might want to post we would appreciate it.

To answer the original question, I would definitely say that an AB aft mini is the way to go unless you are going to spend the entire cruise in an AA full suite.

Greg

Thanks for all the info.

We originally booked the same cruise in an AC mini-suite for early December, and had to cancel before final payment due to work-related conflicts. But we learned yesterday that the dates are open again for us.

Yesterday, only AA cabins were still open. Today, the ship has both AA and AB categories available.

So, assuming we go with the AB category, can anyone suggest whether we should just confirm D751 or should we go with a AB guarantee? Would an AB cabin on a deck other than the Dolphin deck be worth an unknown cabin assignment initially?

Again, thanks for all the quick replies!

JR

Thanks for all the info.

We originally booked the same cruise in an AC mini-suite for early December, and had to cancel before final payment due to work-related conflicts. But we learned yesterday that the dates are open again for us.

Yesterday, only AA cabins were still open. Today, the ship has both AA and AB categories available.

So, assuming we go with the AB category, can anyone suggest whether we should just confirm D751 or should we go with a AB guarantee? Would an AB cabin on a deck other than the Dolphin deck be worth an unknown cabin assignment initially?

Again, thanks for all the quick replies!

JR

My vote is to go with D751 (a bird in the hand is worth....). In our estimation the view from this cabin is awesome, the location is quite good and the cabin layout is fine. I'd go with it and maybe there is an upgrade if the larger suites are still available.

Please look at the pictures from the DAWN (minisuite C747). The inside layout from C and D deck are the same on Sun and DAWN. But the balcony from D-Deck is much smaller than the one from C-Deck. For me B-deck is the best to choose on the SUN, but this is only my opinion. Dawn suite and minisuite pics

Full suites do have larger balconies.

I think that D-751 is the "worst" you can do unless you prefer the lower deck. I haven't been on Sun, but from what I've seen & read, all of the cabins are nice & roomy. It's the balconies that differ, getting larger as you go up. I guess I would take the guarantee & hope for an AA.

I think that D-751 is the "worst" you can do unless you prefer the lower deck. I haven't been on Sun, but from what I've seen & read, all of the cabins are nice & roomy. It's the balconies that differ, getting larger as you go up. I guess I would take the guarantee & hope for an AA.

Thanks a lot Critterchick.... I'm sure that you might be right in saying the D751 is the "worst" of the lot, but it's still better than most anything else - at least for us who are in that cabin that's what we are going with.

I realize for the money in comparison to the other aft mini-suites and full suites it's not the biggest balcony, etc., but we are going to enjoy the view and the privacy. It will be a treat none the less.

Having been in a C deck suite on the Sun, we were thankful. I think this balcony is by far bigger than either d or b deck suites. I've also had a mini on sister ships, and the suite is different and better. We ended up spending tons more time in the room and on the balcony just because the situation was SO comfortable. That said, I would imagine the same could be said for any aft suite on these ships, despite their differences.

Archived