STAR Owners Suite Info & Help

JRF83

Greetings friends!

We will be booking the Star OS for Jan 3 or 10. As always, I have found a bit of well intended conflicting info and some "dated" info in my search. We are looking for recent info/photos/first hand info for OS on Deck 10. A few questions you might have the answeres to:

I'm reading folks say it's to windy for the front deck while sailing and the side deck is suitable while underway?

Internet I understand you pay for but the PC/laptop are their in the suite?

Three bottles of Liquor are included and the cursory mixes/sodas will be replenished?

I was told by my NCL cruise personal assistant that there is an expresso maker in the suite with Lavazza coffee products?

I was told there was Elemis bathroom products?

Also, any additional infomation, suggestions, or your gracious experiences in the STAR OS would be most helpful. Fire away.

This is a very "special event" for a very special person. Thanks in advance for all you willingness to help!!

Jim

Hi Jim,

We did the Mexican Riviera last Feb on Star in the Van Gogh O/S. Amazing time. Front balcony is pretty much useless, IMHO. We only sat out there the night we were in Acapulco before we left. It does get very windy. We used the side balcony a good bit but we also had a surprising amount of wind there. Luck of the draw - the wind was blowing directly on our side of the shp that trip.

No espresso maker in our suite - we had a regular coffee maker.

Laptop on desk in bedroom. You do pay for internet access, I believe.

Three bottles of liquor - not that great a selection. We opted for wine. Didn't care for the options offered and requested a different wine. Butler had to ask permission but ended up getting the OK and bringing everything the following day. We prefer Sauvignon Blanc to Chardonnay and that's what we requested.

We had Elemis bath products. Bathroom is amazing as is the dressing room.

My advice would be to learn all the perks from CC. We missed out on some because the concierge and butler neglected to tell us.

You will have reserved seating in the show lounge - the concierge will take you the first night. I had to call her and ask about it - she did not volunteer the info.

I think you are supposed to be able to have Breakfast and Lunch in Le Bistro. We did not find out about that until we got home - again, not mentioned.

You should get priority embarkation, VIP Debarkation, Priority tender tix, concierge should take you into the chocoholic buffet 15 minutes prior to the crowd. You'll get a VIP cocktail party but I'll be honest and say that's not what it used to be. The one we attended on Star in Feb was a zoo. Way too many people for the venue - nobody felt very special. Several years ago we attended a suites-only cocktail party on Star in Hawaii and it was great.

Enjoy the suite - we had a wonderful time. To DH's displeasure, I have now decided the O/S is going to be the minimum on the larger ships. You really feel pampered and it is worth the extra money.

No espresso maker in our suite - we had a regular coffee maker.

I think I've read here that as part of Freestyle 2.0 they've put the espresso machines in all the "older ship suites" that didn't have them before. This would have happened late spring/early summer of this year.

Archived