Live From The Decks Of Maasdam 14 Nights 10/24/08 - Comparing Hal To X

tuggers

Hi Alf and Pat!

I do think the shrimp boats made it to Ohio. Three of us ate out last night and guess what all three of us had? YEP, breaded shrimp! I almost had shrimp withdrawl--after all it has been a week since the cruise.

I did get all my photos developed yesterday. I have a few cute ones to mail out to you.:D

Hi to you also, Gail and Terri! Are you home yet, Terri?

If you change your plans for the Maasdam in April, let me know. I am considering it again. BUT remember I can't book until about 9 weeks out (health at home, etc.)

We sure did have smooth sailing this trip. I enjoy a little motion so I'm not the best one to ask either!

I really enjoyed the Zenith and this ship is the closest I've found to her in crew, staff, food, size, etc.

Happy sailing! Deb C.

Just got back from working 7AM til at the annual church bazaar - tired...

Hey Deb! No cute pics of Terri and I, huh?:) Sadly, Terri had to go home the day after the cruise ended. And we had such plans!:( We are so booked in April that we even have flights. Not much chance we'll change that one so come on with us!

Ships, like the last knee, when JoAn has one done EVERYTHING seems to go wrong. She was doing fine and then she developed an infection. You know, one of those nasty ones that requires a PIC line. Back in the hospital with that either once or twice. Then the diverticulitis reared its ugly head again. Just one thing after another. You know how it goes. Heard about a doctor in FLL who has perfected the knee relacement without cutting any muscles or tendons. Supposedly the recovery time is like a month! I'm signing up for one of those when my right one finally gives out!

I think I'm going to the kitchen to pretend I'm in a Mixology Class. You know, the part where I drink the three full sized drinks...

Ships, you had a full tkr right? Mine was kind of hard to deal with for a while but at about the 9 month point it started feeling like 'mine'. I've had pretty good luck since then. If I have pain it is usually in my shin, below the knee, where the thingee was put into the shinbone. Hope you have as good luck with yours. Eventually. It does take time. And ice was my best friend! Not in a cocktail :rolleyes: - frozen in a bag and applied to my knee!

That new procedure replacing the knee without cutting all the muscles and tendons is done at Holy Cross Hospital in Ft Lauderdale. That's the hospital with the cocktail cart before lunch and dinner! BTW, they are supposed to start teaching this new method at one of the big teaching hospitals soon. Maybe by the time I need the right one done it'll be common place!

Just heard from JoAn yesterday. She gets tired easily but has no antibiotics going through the PICC line right now. Had a nasty fall and was using the walker but is better. Still not able to go home to live by herself. Looking at more surgery (diverticulitis) but is hoping to sail again in late spring. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

We're getting ready for Jewel of the Seas and the Concierge Lounge! The food may not be great but the free booze is wonderful!:D

Hey Judy! You dropped off the earth after your Grandeur repo! I kept sending you emails but no response! Thought you didn't like me anymore!:)

JoAn is really tired most of the time (she says) and can only sit at the computer for short periods. She said she is way behind in her emails and has not even had the strength to read this thread (and we know how IMPORTANT that is!)!:D Hopefully, if she gets to her own home Thanksgiving weekend, she'll have more access to her computer and everyone will hear from her.

BTW, its good to hear from you. How was the cruise?

Archived