Has anyone used the In-Room babysitting?

gupsmom

We're cruising with our 17 mo old twins. We'd like to use a sitter in the evenings. Being so young, of course, my twins can't tell me everything that goes on....so I am a little nervous. We have 4 adults in or party, so we can take tuns popping in to check on them. It would just be nice to get a little night time out together.

Jess

We have used it several times. Please note, you need to request at least a day before and there are limited numbers of volunteers willing to provide the service.

It was a great experience for us and our grandson who thought the lady was "cool"...he was 4, 5 and 6 the various times we used the service.

And they were wonderful!! I used them for my dd a few years back and it was great. My dd needed to get to bed so she wouldn't be crabby the next day and I wanted to enjoy myself. The babysitter came - my dd watched a show and went to sleep. I checked on them once - dd was crashed and the babysitter was reading a book. I would use them again - but now my dd can stay up later than me - so really not an issue anymore!

Kathy

Yup!

Used them on our last 4 cruises, will absolutely use them again!

We didn't feel compelled to check in at all. In fact, I was worried that, if we did check in and DS was still awake, his mood would change from one of being content to melting down because we were leaving...again....

Happy Sailing!

We've used the in-room at ages 25 months, 3 years, and just a couple of weeks ago at a month shy of 4 years for our son. We've never had a problem and were surprised when we got the same sitter this last time since we were on the same ship again which was nice as we knew what to expect.

I used them last year on the Serenade with our 2 year old. We timed it perfectly where we fed her, bathed her and got her ready for bed before we went off to dinner. Most of the time she fell asleep right after we left. It worked wonderfully. We had the same girl every night except one. It is a nice feature since they tend to go to bed a little earlier at that age. :)

Is there a charge for the service, or just gratuity?
There is an hourly charge. Many people also tip in addition to the hourly charge.

From the RCL website:

Life Onboard

Q:
Are babysitters available onboard?

A:
Babysitting is offered both in a group setting, and individually in your stateroom. In stateroom babysitting must be reserved through the Guest Relations Desk (Purser's Desk) at least 24 hours in advance.

It cannot be reserved prior to the cruise vacation and there is no guarantee that sitters will be available. The service is offered between 8:00 am and 2:00 am when personnel is available. Sitters will be assigned on a first come first served basis.

Children MUST be at least 1 year old.

Approximate Rate: $10.00 per hour for one or two children within the same family or $15.00 per hour for three children within the same family.

Times and prices are subject to change without notice.
Payment must be made in cash.

There is an hourly charge. Many people also tip in addition to the hourly charge.

From the RCL website:

Life Onboard

Q:
Are babysitters available onboard?

A:
Babysitting is offered both in a group setting, and individually in your stateroom. In stateroom babysitting must be reserved through the Guest Relations Desk (Purser's Desk) at least 24 hours in advance.

It cannot be reserved prior to the cruise vacation and there is no guarantee that sitters will be available. The service is offered between 8:00 am and 2:00 am when personnel is available. Sitters will be assigned on a first come first served basis.

Children MUST be at least 1 year old.

Approximate Rate: $10.00 per hour for one or two children within the same family or $15.00 per hour for three children within the same family.

Times and prices are subject to change without notice.
Payment must be made in cash.

I have used them many times for my kids and they have been great, just used one 3 weeks ago for our 15 month old, while our 5 y/o played in the adventure club....the only complaint I had was the price was $12/hour, not $10, I said something prior to signing the waiver, and they said, that is the price...had no choice, but sitter was great, worked on her bday too.

We used them last year for our girls who were at the time 7, 5 and 13 months. The babysitter was awesome. We used her for 4 nights in a row. She had two little girls at home and loved being with our girls because she missed hers so much. She even sought them out the last day to give them little hair clips she had bought for them.

I would absolutely use them again!

Archived