Captains Cocktail Reception aboard the Emerald Princess

Sailfish

I was wondering if you can tell me about the Captain's Coctail Party aboard the Emerald Princess on the first Formal Night.

Do they still serve drinks in the lounges at a set time? Does the captain still make an appearance? I know other cruise lines have it in a showroom and the Captain stops by to address the attendees. On our last cruise with Princess, the coctail party was simply drinks at one of several lounges in the atrium. I don't think I ever saw the captain.

Your comments about the party would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Just off the Emerald. Captain's cocktail party held in the atrium. Waiters walking around with trays of drinks. Special orders possible but difficult. The cruise director came out and introduced ships officers and Captain who spoke for a couple short minutes. Bon Voyage!

The captain's cocktail party on the Emerald was on the 1st formal night of the cruise last February. Like the previous poster mentioned, the captain's remarks were brief. He introduced his staff, the Maitre'd, the head chef and other notable people. Then he welcomed everyone aboard, and said if you need anything special, just ask.

DavidnSteph

Archived