I think I've booked the perfect Alaska cruise!! Now I just have to wait..

kpparker

Hi everyone,

First I would like to thank all of the regulars on here for their wealth of knowledge. I have been lurking for a month or so as I decided then booked my May 20th southbound cruise aboard Carnival Spirit.

With all your help here's the great things I am looking forward to -

Aft balcony on Verandah deck!!!

Sitka - Tour with Davey on the Esther G (booked)

Juneau - Tour with Harv and Marv in the am (booked) and Level 2 Northstar Glacier Trek in the pm (booked)

Skagway - Chilkoot Charters 7 hour Yukon and Rail Excursion (need to book)

Ketchikan - Misty Fjords Tour with Island Wings (booked)

I can't wait - so thank you thank you thank you for your wealth of knowledge on all things Alaska!

You're gonna love Alaska! It is truly magnificent! Our first cruise there (in Sept. of 2006) was THE best vacation I ever took. Loved it so much, we went back again this May 31st, and we're in the process of planning our southbound (on the Spirit, too, I think!) in June of 2010 - preceeded by a week in the Seward/Homer (and maybe Denali) areas. Can't wait - and its two years away!

You picked right with Harv and Marv's for whalewatching! They are wonderful - so knowledgeable and fun! We had Jay (who was Marv this year) and he is like Tigger, bouncing all over the place with enthusiasm. Saw tons of whales, sea lions, and eagles. We wished we had booked a longer tour with them - it was THAT good!

Sitka is our all-time favorite port (I'd live there if I could!), so picturesque and serene. Stunning scenery! If you get time, go to the Raptor Center - amazing to see those magnificent eagles up close! We did the Rhino 4 X 4 there, which was a hoot! So much fun! This year, we went sea kayaking there, and that was great too!

Once you go though, prepare yourself - because you'll be back! Its one of the few places on this earth that really touches my soul - it feels like "home." Enjoy and happy sailing!:D

Hi everyone,

First I would like to thank all of the regulars on here for their wealth of knowledge. I have been lurking for a month or so as I decided then booked my May 20th southbound cruise aboard Carnival Spirit.

Juneau - Tour with Harv and Marv in the am (booked) and Level 2 Northstar Glacier Trek in the pm (booked)

I can't wait - so thank you thank you thank you for your wealth of knowledge on all things Alaska!

YEAH! I am jealous..:) Enjoy your Alaskan Cruise....You will love the Carnival Spirit..Shes a lovely ship..

Kelly

Hi everyone,

Sounds like you've done your homework.

Have a wonderful trip.

Are you locked into the May date? Last year we went in late May and found that the whales had not arrived in the ports yet. We saw many from the ship in the ocean, but few on our whale watches in ports. Contrast this to when we went in late July--wildlife everywhere! We saw tons of whales with Davey in Sitka as well as in Juneau. Just a thought.

Archived