Internet access questions

superfind

Can anyone tell me, is wifi available in staterooms or do you need to connect a phone line to get internet access in your cabin?

Also, if you do need to connect a cable, I take it you need to bring your own cable with you to connect your laptop?

Thanks

Can anyone tell me, is wifi available in staterooms or do you need to connect a phone line to get internet access in your cabin?

Also, if you do need to connect a cable, I take it you need to bring your own cable with you to connect your laptop?

Thanks

If internet access is available on your ship, you can rent the cable from the purser's desk for a nominal fee. (I think it is $5 for the week, but can't be sure) But that was a few years ago, and now many ships have wi-fi instead of having to use cable.

On the Voyager class and Radiance class ships they use to have "cybercabin"which was internet which you hooked up to your laptop in your cabin, they no longer have this, you have to use wifi, which you can access on your laptop in the hot spots on the ships, really no savings to this you can just use your laptop differnet places. If you are on the new Freedom class,, you can get wifi in your cabin. It is 55 cents per minute, and can be slow in places,

My husband was bummed out when they discontinued the "cybercabin?' He liked the unlimited for the $100 per week.

If you are Crown and Anchor members your coupon book has discount coupons, depending which level you are.

For me, I only need to check my email a couple of times during the week,so could care less about it, he has to check his stock many, many times a day.

In many of the ports, they have interent stations that are much cheaper to use than the ships, sometimes even free.

Have a great cruise

Archived