Zijuantinejo/Ixtapa Isla Ixtapa from cruise ship

cruises4us

The new fares are now posted, to Playa Linda it is 115 pesos, up from 100.....

Thanks! One more question. Do you tip the driver on top of that amount? I've read some posts that say you are not supposed to tip taxi drivers so I'm not sure what the custom is.

Thanks! One more question. Do you tip the driver on top of that amount? I've read some posts that say you are not supposed to tip taxi drivers so I'm not sure what the custom is.

Taxi drivers do not expect tips because it's not the custom in Mexico.

I tip (5 pesos on a 20 peso trip) when the driver has to get out and open the trunk to put in or take out something. No need to tip unless you have too much money and it's weighing you down...But we do tip the kids who bag your groceries or open the taxi door, that is usually their only source of money....Years ago, kids would roam through the Mercado asking to carry your purchases for tips. Now days most of the kids are in school so I never see them anymore in the Mercado, nor do we see the hoards of kids selling Chicklets on the street......So the answer is no, you don't tip taxi drivers....

La Ropa is almost a mile long, great for beach walking, all sand, lots of choices of where to plop yourself down...I think the only reason to go to Las Gotas is for snorkeling and the snorkeling is not very good especially if you are use to doing it in the Caribbean.....

This is true, if you are use to snorkeling in the Carib, leave you snorkel stuff home and enjoy the other things here. I brought my snorkel stuff all the way from the east coast to the west to catch the ship and I must say the snorkeling was like snorkeling right here in the gulf. So my opinion is enjoy some of the other activities or beaches here the the snorkeling just doesn't stack up against Caribbean.

Archived