Nicest beaches in mexico - your vote please

Family From Down Under

We're doing two mexican riviera cruises in November/December on the Norwegian Star and Carnival Spirit, so covering just about every port.

If we chose just one or two beaches to visit during our cruise, which would you most recommend? In particular, which are the most scenic and have the cleanest water for swimming?

We have two children aged 11 and 7 by the way.

We are spoilt for beaches here in Australia, and not expecting pure white sand on the western side of Mexico. But I'm sure there must be some very nice beaches to check out.

Please send in your vote!

Los Gatos beach in Zihuatanejo. I hope one of your trips goes there. The sand is clean, the water clear and calm and the setting is downright gorgeous. Having been to Australia, the beached in Mexico are very different, but just as nice. By the way my favorite beaches in Australia were Bondi and Manley, both in the Sydney area.

I agree with martinsfo!!! Playa las gatas in Zihuatanejo is the BEST!!! One of my favorite places in the world!!! The view from the beach is breathtaking and the water is clear and calm. There are tons of palapa restaurants on the beach with really good and cheap food/drinks. You will love it :D I promise. We go there often for week long trips...b/c we love it sooo much! Enjoy your 2 cruises!

Thanks for the feedback. We'll definitely go there. Zihuatenejo sounds really lovely.

We've been to Cabo before and saw Lover's Beach from a distance during a boat trip - looked beautiful. Is it dangerous there for kids though?

Any advice for beaches in Acapulco?

Yes, we used to live in Sydney so know most of the beaches there. If u ever come to oz again you must visit Currumbin beach on the southern end of the Gold Coast. Gorgeous.

When we were in Acapulco we went to Playa Caleta, which is a locals kind of beach so it was a lot of fun. We also really really enjoy Isla la Roqueta!!! You can take a boat over there to this complex called the Palau. You can sit out at their restaurant and can wade into the water via a little cove there. It was pretty and uncrowded. Or you can just take a boat to the main beach on Isla Roqueta and set up at one of the smaller palapa restaurants there. The water is really clear there and it is great for snorkeling. We saw manta rays and giant turtles last time.

Do your snorkelling in Manzinillo.The water is a clear green colour and lots of sea life almost as good as St Martin...Bring a box of corn flakes off the ship to feed the fish..Don't forget the waterproof camera for photo ops!!!

It was a sail and snorkel thing.No beach just jump off the boat and away you go. They take you to two spots.We got some good pictures of tiger barbs.DH open the bag of cornflakes and let the whole thing go when I was just coming up on them instead of take a few out:eek: The little aachhemm fish:D turn so fast I was in the middle of the school and could not see a thing till they moved off.

The only thing I could see that would cause a problem for clarity of the water is rough surf and a recent hurricane..they can make things abit messy

Well, Los Cabos is like a VIP beach, very nice

Acapulco is more like tourist beach, maybe not so clean and nice, but cool because is the one with more things of Mexico

Cancun, Can be a VIP beach but more things of Mexico, is like if you put together Acapulco and Los Cabos.

Well, Los Cabos is like a VIP beach, very nice

Acapulco is more like tourist beach, maybe not so clean and nice, but cool because is the one with more things of Mexico

Cancun, Can be a VIP beach but more things of Mexico, is like if you put together Acapulco and Los Cabos.

VIP???????:confused:

Lover's beach is only accessable by water taxi and they do drop you off and then pick you up again in several feet of water which can be challenging if the water is rough as the boat is then bobbing up and down quite a bit and you have to figure out when it is safest to jump off.

Lovers beach in Cabo is mystical with the rock formations. Count on it being rough to get back on the boats but FUN. The sand is very course so bring water shoes not sandals. In my book it's a must visit. Too rough and dangerous for swimming, but fun to explore and hang out for an hour or two.

You tell the skiff driver when to come back to pick you up and they're there on time. Two hours is perfect. Bring you own snacks and hooch, no concessions.

Archived