Cabo with diabetes

drjentile

This probably sounds funny but here it goes... I heard that the water in Cabo is very rough, and will likely take you down. My mom has diabetes and I worry about a rough wave knocking her down or into rocks and her cutting her lower legs. She can wear water shoes but that still doesn't protect her lower legs. She really needs to avoid cutting her legs at all costs. She thinks she will be just fine, but her balance is not so good :p

So should we avoid the beaches in cabo??? Are there any beaches there without waves? She is definitely a beach goer, but I don't know if we should look for a land based activity instead...any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

This probably sounds funny but here it goes... I heard that the water in Cabo is very rough, and will likely take you down. My mom has diabetes and I worry about a rough wave knocking her down or into rocks and her cutting her lower legs. She can wear water shoes but that still doesn't protect her lower legs. She really needs to avoid cutting her legs at all costs. She thinks she will be just fine, but her balance is not so good :p

So should we avoid the beaches in cabo??? Are there any beaches there without waves? She is definitely a beach goer, but I don't know if we should look for a land based activity instead...any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

There are no rocks on Medano beach which is the main swimmable beach in Cabo where all the beach bars and restaurants are. It is just sand. However if you are taking a snorkle tour to Santa Maria or Chilano Bay there are reefs there. My husband is also diabetic and we spend up to a month in Cabo every year. You will find him in the water every single day!

Have fun!

Archived