Pride Balcony Question

dgwags

We were upgrade for our upcoming cruise from a 7A. Some of them are 3/4 obstructed others are not very much at all. You can look out from all of them but you can't see down.We were in 5191 and the top of the lifeboat came right up to the edge of the cement floor of the balcony. Other family members were in 5297 and there was a Hood for lack of a better word of the life boat obstructing the bottom 1/2 of there deck.

Maybe one of the other CC's could post a picture for you

Ahh ok, we got a very nice deal, otherwise we were not going to do a suite on this cruise. A little secret we found out about the spirit class....Book a 9A if you can, friends of ours were in the cabin we moved from, the cabin was the same size, the balcomy was the same size, only the bathroom was smaller, the only real advantage we gained was not having to wait in line to get on and off the ship at the start and end of the cruise.

I really do wish Carnival would do more for it's suite guests, but there you go.

Oh and also...never ever book 4226 or 4235 on the Spirit class, bad bad cabins.

Ahh ok, we got a very nice deal, otherwise we were not going to do a suite on this cruise. A little secret we found out about the spirit class....Book a 9A if you can, friends of ours were in the cabin we moved from, the cabin was the same size, the balcomy was the same size, only the bathroom was smaller, the only real advantage we gained was not having to wait in line to get on and off the ship at the start and end of the cruise.

I really do wish Carnival would do more for it's suite guests, but there you go.

Oh and also...never ever book 4226 or 4235 on the Spirit class, bad bad cabins.

What's wrong with 4226 & 4235?

They have next to no balcony, there is a stairway running past the bedroom window which cuts the balcony down to something smaller than a regular balcony and also allows people to look in to the cabin, right at your bed.

This would all be well and good except that Carnival sells the cabin at full rate, on the deck plans they have finally put the stairway in, when we cruised (on the Legend) it didn't show the stairway, just an extended balcony.

We had a big fight with CCL over this, mainly down to their bad handling off the whole thing, but it all got sorted in the end.

Ok,

Im gonna give this a try, I just uploaded my photo's from my wife and I's first cruise in May 2004 on the pride. Originally we were in an interior room but two days before sailing we got upgraded to a Cat 7a obstructed balcony room and it was AWESOME!!

Hopefully as you will see there are two types of life boats on the Pride when we sailed, a taller life boat and not so tall life boat (if that makes sense). Our room was number 5165 and we had the "tall" life boat just outside of our balcony. The roof of the tall balcony come up to the rail on the balcony so you can see out over the top but not really down to the water:

bottom line is since we were upgraded from an interior we did not complain one bit and we loved the Balcony. Yes they are obstructed but depending on which lifeboat your cabin is next to will depend on how much of an obstruction. If the link doesn't work for you let me know and I can email you some photo's. I just learned how to post photo's via comcast.

Take care.

Archived