#1554 on the Jewel

phinn

Has anyone stayed in GS #1554 on the Jewel? I was wondering if the shape of the room compromises the actual square footage. I was looking forward to a room on the hump, but now I question my choice....

Has anyone stayed in GS #1554 on the Jewel? I was wondering if the shape of the room compromises the actual square footage. I was looking forward to a room on the hump, but now I question my choice....

Yes I´ve stayed in the room and if you are looking for pics, there are many of them on my website (link is below in my signature).

I have not measured the room, but my feeling was that the room was a bit smaller than a "regular" one. I´ve stayed in 1552 as well, which is regular shaped.

The room is fine and the difference is not enough to make you say I´d better choosen another room. However my favourite GS is 1552 but 1554 comes second. So don´t question your choice it´s a great cabin and location.

Just one word of caution, the balcony is not very private. Because of the hump location it´s quite visible from other balconies.

Wow! Thanks so much to both of you!! I have stayed on the hump before on the Century in a Sky Suite. Went the next step this time as a treat. Based on the view, I can handle any room layout. Whatever it is, it will be more room than I've had before....and to think I was thrilled when I had inside cabin years ago. I would still take one if it meant missing a cruise not to take it.. just wanted to splurge while I can. Thanks again!

Archived