Cabana map?

yearnin4cruisin

Here's an older copy of the map. There are more cabanas now, but this will give you a general idea of where they are located. Taupe is the first (it's listed as "tan" on the map I posted). There have been more additions of cabanas, some even between the old one, but below is the list as it is today. We stayed in the turquoise cabana, and there is a set of stairs between the turquoise cabana and the orange cabana that take you to the path that the golf cart uses.

1. Taupe

2. Blue

3. Turquoise

4. Orange

5. Sky Blue

6. Purple

7. Peach

8. Pink

9. Eggshell

10. Green

11. Gray

12. Yellow

13. Terracotta

14. Red

15. Violet

http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1202108843059670232vZFIiW

Just what I'm looking for. Thanks so much!!

Glad I could help. It took me a bit, but I finally figured out what the colors of the cabanas are compared to what HAL calls them. The post above offers a link with great pictures, but the person that posted the photos doesn't identify all the cabanas by the same color as HAL does. HAL could resolved a lot of questions by also numbering the cabanas (on their excursion website).

Have great time! :)

Here's more pictures from Ziggy. I looked at these pictures over and over and over prior to our cruise. :)

I'd probably try and avoid getting the first cabana (the taupe), but if it's the only one you can get, I'd grab it. The problem is it's the first cabana and there's usually a lot of people around it. When we were there, we were on the Zuiderdam and it was the only ship there that day so it wasn't very crowded (we were in #3 turquoise). If by chance you're going to be there when there's more than one ship, I'd probably choose a cabana 6 or up.

http://www.webshots.com/search?query=ziggy+cabanas&new=1&source=chromeheader

April 2007 we rented number 13 and it was a LONG walk to the bathrooms. Last week we went again and rented number 10 the green one. They had, in the last year, build another bathroom and it was right behind number 10...........wow did that ever make my day!! We had a great time and surprisingly not all the cabanas were rented.

We have the green cabana for our Dec. 6 cruise. I'm excited that there is a bathroom behind it! I'm one of those once-an-hour people, so this is great news for me. Do you have any photos of the green cabana you can share?

Moriah

Thanks so much for going to that trouble to post those links twinkletoes. Actually I had seen those already, and was hoping that BEEZALAR might have some recent ones and perhaps the inside of the cabana.

I'm just so excited! I know the cabana is going to spoil me for future beach days... just hanging out on a chair is probably never going to satisfy me anymore! Maybe we'll have to get the butler next time :)

Moriah

Thanks so much for going to that trouble to post those links twinkletoes. Actually I had seen those already, and was hoping that BEEZALAR might have some recent ones and perhaps the inside of the cabana.

I'm just so excited! I know the cabana is going to spoil me for future beach days... just hanging out on a chair is probably never going to satisfy me anymore! Maybe we'll have to get the butler next time :)

Moriah

It's no trouble at all...I love looking at the pictures. :) Your post gave me a good reason to take another look! I hope Beezalar sees your post and finds the pictures you're looking for...

Having a cabana is really a lot of fun. The butler package is sure nice, but certainly not necessary. The fact that you've scored a cabana is what's really the important thing! Enjoy. :)

Are there any recommendations to which cabana is best so that we are close by amenities yet not too close where it is really busy?

We are travelling with 2 seniors, 70+.

To accommodate the seniors, I would recommend cabanas 1-5. Any of those is close to the food pavilion, and bathrooms.

Archived