Has anyone used tuxedos online / Gregory's Tux shop in Hollywood

JimandLouise

Hi,

I had a tux ordered to buy for the cruise here in Australia, and its too late to buy or rent another one from here (due to the length of the cruise and the fact hey have to order them in rather than having them in stock)

This means I have 3 days in LA before my Cruise to try and sort something out in the US.

I've found this place where I can pre-order online and they have told me that they can get me something in time, but I'd prefer it if I had someone who had used them before.

Alternativley, can someone reccomend somewhere in LA I could try, please?

Thanks,

Jim (& Louise)

http://www.princess.com/onboard/answer/formal.html

The Cruise Answer Place.

Cruiseline Formal Wear.

It's simple to order: Complete the following form and call our toll free number at (800) 551-5091 to place your order. Or, for fast and convenient ordering, visit the formal wear website at http://www.cruiselineformal.com. Click on Products, then Princess. You could also fax the order form to (305) 252-6855.

Download the CRUISELINE FORMAL WEAR order form (PDF format)

Hi, Jim,

You may have missed the brochure in your pre-cruise docs. The company that Princess uses is very dependable. My son-in-law always rents his now. :)

I know that you cannot call an 800 number from Oz without a charge, so the alternative is to go on line and order it with their order form. They even have the shoes & sox and all the accessories. ;)

http://www.princess.com/onboard/answer/formal.html

Click on: Onboard.

Click on: The Cruise Answer Place.

Click on: Cruiseline Formal Wear.

"It's simple to order: Complete the following form and call our toll free number at (800) 551-5091 to place your order. Or, for fast and convenient ordering, visit the formal wear website at http://www.cruiselineformal.com. Click on Products, then Princess. You could also fax the order form to (305) 252-6855.

Download the CRUISELINE FORMAL WEAR order form (PDF format)"

Send mail to formals@cruiselineformal.com with questions or comments about your order.

The cost is $85 USD.

Why not head to The Men's Wearhouse (or other retailer) and just buy one. You can buy a tux for less than the rental and take it to a tailor for 24 hour tailoring. I've never understood the tux rental thing. We paid more to rent each of our groomsmen's tuxedos for our wedding than it would've cost to buy them all one. Just a thought. S.

Why not head to The Men's Wearhouse (or other retailer) and just buy one. You can buy a tux for less than the rental and take it to a tailor for 24 hour tailoring. I've never understood the tux rental thing. We paid more to rent each of our groomsmen's tuxedos for our wedding than it would've cost to buy them all one. Just a thought. S.

The Men's Wearhouse has it own tailors and can do the job in less than 24 hours.. http://www.menswearhouse.com/home_page/pfsplash.jsp

Hello Jim,

I personally used "etux.com" had a pleasant experience ordering

my tuxedo. Had returned an item and had it replaced promptly

also (although I had to pay the return postage). Good luck in

finding what you're looking for and enjoy your cruise.

Probably too late for 3 days; however, we ordered a tux from tuxedosonline.com last year for my son's Junior Prom last May. The first one we returned because I was trying to be too cheap! We ordered another tux (upgraded one in cruise terms) and are extremely happy with the purchase. No problems with ordering, returning or their service. My son wore the tux at his Junior prom, will wear it twice on our cruise over Christmas and will wear it again at his Senior prom making the cost of the tux much less then renting 4 times! I did just order him a new tux vest to wear at Christmas to change the look of the tux. I ordered the vest just 10 days ago from uniformalwearhouse.com. Haven't received the new vest yet; however, so far the experience with them has been positive.

We just returned from a 10-day cruise on the Dawn and I had rented a tux with thier service. As the say in Jamaica...No problem mon!!! The tux was ready in my cabin with all that was requested. The measurements were perfect and the suit in excellent condition. Practically brand new. As I am Canadian, we don't have a Men's Warehouse but I think I would go the same route next time.

I've never understood the tux rental thing. We paid more to rent each of our groomsmen's tuxedos for our wedding than it would've cost to buy them all one. Just a thought. S.

Depends on how dependable your waistline is! :D

DH always uses http://www.cruiselineformal.com/ and the fit is perfect everytime. (and he is not an easy fit so we are always quite pleased when the tux arrives and fits him like a charm)

Plus you don't have to drag a suit or tux with you and worry about getting it pressed ahead of time. More room for "bottles" to take home from all those wonderful islands!! ;)

Archived