Restaurants on the Dawn

Vellamint

I was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback on the food on the Dawn. From what I am reading here the only way to get the "good" food is to pay the extra at the specialty restaurants.

I need feedback because if I have to factor in extra cash to eat well I may consider another line.......this would be our first with Norwegian

Thanks!

We just got off the Dawn. My b/f and are are both very easy going people. Age , both 45 ..(if that matters).

I'm thinking you read my review , dawn oct. 19th - 26th.?

I gave an honest review based on our likes/dislikes.

WE're really not fussy with food, doesn't have to be gourmet but has to be good, especially on a cruise. Cruises are known for good food.

WE both honestly felt that in order to get a REALLY GOOD MEAL you needed to pay for the specialty restaurants.

Keep in mind that one of our favorites was Impressions, the italian restaurant. It was only an add'l $10.00 p/person and the food was GREAT.

Here's an idea..

Antipasto Trolley , had marinated mushrooms, roasted peppers, proscuitto, salami, fresh parmesan cheese, sardines, fresh mozz on tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, ..

Salads,

Minestrone soup

pasta fagoli (spelling?)

Fried Calamari

ETC...

main dishes of all different pastas and your choice of many sauces

THEN

Entree's

We loved the veal marsala and Chicken Parm

Desserts, Tiramasu was AWESOME,

Ricotta Cheesecake w/ strawberry sauce, YUM MIE !!

There was much much more But so well worth the extra money.

But basically we felt we needed to do this for us.

KEEP in mind that for families the Blue Lagoon was great too,

Fresh hot breakfast (no waiting in lines at buffet)

Hot lunches and same for dinner (lunch,dinner menu is the same)

Chicken fingers, fish and chips, grilled chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, hotdogs, prosciuto and cheese panini

Great sides

Desserts... CHEESECAKE .............:) :)

Feel free to ask any questions.

Hope this helps you

Just wanted to add that I WANT to go on the Dawn but food is a big part of my families vacation and I dont want to be disappointed.

Here's my take on the Dawn food.

Venetian: (One of the main dining rooms): Very Good

Aqua: (Another main dining room): Very Good

LeBistro: Excellent!

Salsa: This was our only dissapointment, however the margarita's are to die for.

Cagney's:Excellent!

Bamboo: Very Good

Blue Lagoon: Quick pickup place for food

Garden Cafe: Basic buffet, no surprises. We liked it when we did eat there. The pasta station was very good

We were very happy with the food on our cruise. I will say that I'm pretty easy to please. Having someone cook for me an entire week makes me very very happy!

Back from our 4th NCL cruise about a month ago. We had never eaten at a pay restaraunt. This time on the Dawn we tried Salsa & Impressions.

Salsa: Loved the mexican egg roll, chicken tortilla soup, lobster tacos & chicken fajitas. Burito wasn't so good. Warm chips and 3 dips come to the table when you sit down. The cheese and crab dip was excellent! When we ate there they told us the captain had just ordered the lobster tacos.

Impressions: Great fried calamari appitizer. The sauce was the best the portion was huge. I didn't like my lobster ravioli but others here say they loved it. Ordered a pizza that should have had shrimp, scallops and clams (I think). However it had calamari instead of the clams. It was delicious! Made up for the ravioli.

Archived