century penthouse suite

olectric

My husband and I have been in the Penthouse Suite on the Century three times-1997-1999. We loved it!!! It is in the center of the ship with beautiful windows across the living room and large dining room. The bedroom is huge with beautiful windows and the bathroom is wonderful. There is a 1/2 bath off the entrance which is nice if you entertain. The pantry is really a small kitchen with a side-by-side refrigerator, microwave etc. Your butler will put in the refrig. anything you want.We like this suite much better than the penthouse suites on the M class. You will have a wonderful time!!!!!!

It has been several years since my wife and I stayed in the Penthouse Suite on the Century. It has been by far our best cruise. I think just because of how nice the cabin was.

At the time of our sailing the furniture was pretty worn out, but I understand that it has been replaced.

There is a very nice leather sofa and four nice leather chairs in the living room. The dinning room had a large table with six large chairs. The bedroom had a nice king size bed with large TV in the room. Bathroom was huge with huge whirlpool tub. There is also a walkin closet with lots of space.

The butlers pantry had ice maker, full size refrig. and lots of glasses etc.

There are two doors to the balcony with two chairs and table. The only bad thing was that the whirlpool on the balcony was basicly just a bathtub with a few jets that came up from the bottom of the tub.

We recieved a bottle of Scotch and Vodka along with all kinds of mixers. Our butler replaced the Scotch with a bottle of Tatingers for us.

At night there would be always be a plate of desserts for us.

Also, the special treatment you get from the staff was just great. Many crew members stopped by just to see how we were. I believe they were the Social Hostess, Head Housekeeper and Hotel Manager.

One at sea day we only left the cabin to eat breakfast and go to the spa.

There was an NFL game on during one day and after watching the pregame the TV went blank (I believe this is to get passengers to the bars to watch the game). I beeped the Head Housekeeper and asked him what was going on? He told me that he would do his best to get the game on in the cabin. After about five minutes the game came on and the door bell rang and he was there with a six pack of beer and snacks.

I have to say that this service comes with a price. Is it worth it? I think it depends on circumstances. I would do it again if the price was right.

I can not believe you will have anything but a great time.

We'll be sailing Thanksgiving day when there is so much football, and also on Nov. 20th for the Auburn-Alabama game. This is the first posting I've heard that we might get football on the liner's tv! I'd heard of large screen tv screens by the pool on other lines, but nothing about Celebrity. Fill me in. Thanks.

In the Penthouse Suite, there is a 110 inch TV that is played via a projection unit that comes down from the ceiling.

In my pics (thread above) if you look at the big picture above the couch, that slides into the wall to create a large screen.

We received sports on the TV but you need to check the schedule depending on where you are and the signals received at the time.

On the transatlantic there were times that there was no signal.

idssms

Olectric.....

I think that Travelocity's photo of the Penthouse Suite on the Century....is actually the Royal Suite.

I have been in the RS on the Century...and the photo show as the PS looks like the RS. Also, the layout of the PS couldn't work with their picture. Just thought I would mention that if you had been looking there.

I have seen similar discrepancies on other sites as well.

• 3 months later...

Wow, beautiful! Thanks for pointing us to them.

It is my fond dream to get Hubby-san to take me on a cruise in a suite like this for our upcoming 10th anniversary. I've found two itineraries he might like, and on both of them the penthouses are still available. I just hope he says yes...he's not much of a cruiser but then his only experience was on Princess in 1996. We went to Alaska in September of that year, and because it was outside of summer vacations 99% of the passengers were old enough to be our grandparents and great-grandparents. Now, I don't have anything bad to say about grandparents and great-grandparents, but I'm sure you can understand how a 23-year-old-first-time cruiser would be put off by a parade of oxygen bottles and a parade of walkers. We were also in a rather worn cabin in a good location -- this was just before the old Star Princess got sent over to P&O, so she was due for a refurbish anyway.

Anyone seen the suites on the Mercury? Are they as fabulous as what has been shown here? You can only tell so much from the web site.

The PS on the C Class ships are all about the same in size and quality. The M class (i have heard) have much nicer PS's but I havent had the privilege yet to experience.

I am willing to bet your DH will be enamored with a PS on any C Class ship and will get hooked on the service and luxury!!

Thanks, I hope so! There are some 3, 4, and 5 night Pacific Northwest sailings. My plan is to convince him to try one of those, with "well, it's only a 2-hour plane ride", "shorter cruises usually attract a somewhat younger clientele", and "we won't be stuck there for an entire week if you're not thrilled" as my main arguments. I love Celebrity, and after coming back from Century (CC cabin) with my mom last year I said to him "if this had been your first cruise you would totally love cruising." If it works out I'll be sure to report back to you all. Hopefully I can take as nice pictures as Fang did! I'm going to point Hubby-san to that photo gallery when I make my pitch :)

You can tell your husband about our experience in the Penthouse Suite to give him some reassurance about dealing the seniors onboard.

You will find that if you are in the PS you will be pampered to the nth degree, your butler will be at your beck & call as much as you let him,, meaning you wont be out and about the ship as much as you would normally be in a non PS cabin. Meaning you wont have to deal with anyone in the normal course of the day. I am a retiree and personally like dealing with folks in their 60s and 70 but I fully understand where you are coming from.

You will have most of your meals in your dining room that has the best view on the ship!!! Sitting at that long table with the big picture window looking at the ocean while eating is fabulous. The Butler will serve you one course at a time, using the butlers pantry to keep the other courses. There is a fridge and microwave in the pantry that the butler has access to. On our first Galaxy PS cruise in 2003 we ate most meals in the PS. Why leave when you have access to the best room on the ship,, right?

I guaranty if you go this route you will be hooked.

I did a standard room on the Zenith in Jan 05m (CC Class, 172 sq ft) and the cruise was great,, but of course not as great as the cruise in Sept with 1,100 plus sq ft and a nice size balcony with hot tub.

Leela, we only did a Royal on Century and my experienced cruiser hubby (he's done really long cruises as a kid ....Australia to L.A.) is now so spoiled, I kind've regret is (but NOT REALLY!!!LOL!) he refuses anything but at least a balcony!

You are going to have so much fun...and a Royal might be enough to even spoil him!!!

Archived