Radiance & Jewel Coming To Vancouver For Winter Olympics 2010

Phamer55

I went to RCCL and our Jan 2 booked cruise is not there. I have sent an email to my RCCL cruise consultant. Ok now back to planning again.

There would not be enough time to do this cruise. If it took 12 days to do your partial PC cruise and then another 12 to do a full transit and then 8 to get to Vancouver, you can work it out for yourself that they couldn't arrive by 1st February.

They will either do an abreviated Western Caribbean followed by the full transit from 2nd Jan, or do the transit first and put in a Mexican Rivieira, like they have for Radiance.

Well since the March 26th cruise is still open, and you know that somehow she is going to have to go back through the Panama Canal to get there in time, it is very likely that the Full Transit Panama Canal will be over March 12th so you might wait and look at that when they do finally open those itineraries.

Excellent point! Minybear you might want to do this as well.

Excellent point! Minybear you might want to do this as well.

Lisa

I will look into that. The only thing my DH doesn't want to sail more then 10 nights and he cannot go into Mexico. I will see what RCCL offers us.

Minybear

Lisa

I will look into that. The only thing my DH doesn't want to sail more then 10 nights and he cannot go into Mexico. I will see what RCCL offers us.

Minybear

I don't like Mexico either and try to avoid it. I was looking at HAL and the Zuiderdam does a 10-night PC during this time frame. We have never been on HAL so it is a possibility. I have heard good things.

I don't like Mexico either and try to avoid it. I was looking at HAL and the Zuiderdam does a 10-night PC during this time frame. We have never been on HAL so it is a possibility. I have heard good things.

I hear you. I don't want to go on the Princess Island. HAL would be more $$. I was just looking at the itinerary for PC/RCCL and I see Dec/2009 & April/2010. March 26 is more $$ then what we were originally doing. The Dec/2009 is the rate we were doing for a D1 but that may be too soon. I would consider April. RCCL hasn't called back yet.

Of course everything might change due to the economy. My work place is laying off people. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my name isn't next.

Minybear

I hear you. I don't want to go on the Princess Island. HAL would be more $$. I was just looking at the itinerary for PC/RCCL and I see Dec/2009 & April/2010. March 26 is more $$ then what we were originally doing. The Dec/2009 is the rate we were doing for a D1 but that may be too soon. I would consider April. RCCL hasn't called back yet.

Of course everything might change due to the economy. My work place is laying off people. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my name isn't next.

Minybear

I definitely do NOT want to do the Island Princess again anytime soon. We were no impressed. Loved JOS a lot more.

If you want to stick with the roundtrip on Jewel wait and see what RCCL will hopefully offer you to switch to one of the earlier or later sailings. You may get a deal that will make it possible even if those sailings are currently more expensive than what you have booked.

Thanks wrp96. Sorry about the other cruises though. Wish they wouldn't have to be canceled :(.

:)

Minybear

Yep unfortunately what's a plus for some people, ends up being a bummer for others. Hopefully those people being displaced will find something as wonderful or even better.

• 4 weeks later...
Interesting. How did you learn this?

Nancy, I heard about it from Dirtgirl, who is a Vancouverite. And there's another thread going about the problems that has links to a couple of newspaper articles. The dispute seems to be between the RCMP and the charter company - RCI isn't even mentioned in either article. So perhaps there's hope that RCI can broker a deal with a different company or salvage the situation.

We're booked on the Jewel southbound from Vancouver to LA, replacing the Millennium Down Under cruise that Celebrity didn't bother to tell us they had cancelled. I'm feeling a little snakebit for March 2010!:rolleyes:

Nancy, I heard about it from Dirtgirl, who is a Vancouverite. And there's another thread going about the problems that has links to a couple of newspaper articles. The dispute seems to be between the RCMP and the charter company - RCI isn't even mentioned in either article. So perhaps there's hope that RCI can broker a deal with a different company or salvage the situation.

We're booked on the Jewel southbound from Vancouver to LA, replacing the Millennium Down Under cruise that Celebrity didn't bother to tell us they had cancelled. I'm feeling a little snakebit for March 2010!:rolleyes:

The last time I looked I did not see any booking available for the Jewel on the west coast... just a lot of open space with no cruises.

BTW Jean....bummer about your cruises being cancelled. I'd be really p*****d. :(

It's not bothering me too much. There are so many places in the world to go that I'm sure we'll find something to do!:) And honestly we booked this trip for the ship and the convenience, not the itinerary, so if it doesn't work out maybe we'll end up in the Galapagos instead.

Archived