should we upgrade for 400pp to AB penthouse?

dmf208

There are three of us , 2 adults and 1 4yr old in a min-suite. My TA called and said we could upgrade to the AB penthouse for total of 1200 for three of us for the thanksgiving 11 night cruise. Should we take it. I think we should go for it, husband does not. Any opinions? (I was able to get the mini-suite for about 1400pp for the 2 adults)

Donna

There are three of us , 2 adults and 1 4yr old in a min-suite. My TA called and said we could upgrade to the AB penthouse for total of 1200 for three of us for the thanksgiving 11 night cruise. Should we take it. I think we should go for it, husband does not. Any opinions? (I was able to get the mini-suite for about 1400pp for the 2 adults)

Donna

I might confuse you a bit more here but this is my two cents. We have been in a mini-suite and thought it was great. There were two adults and our two kids (age 6 and 11). Plenty of space. However, I don't know how much longer we can travel in a mini-suite because the pull-out bed from the couch may not work as the kids grow. You are traveling with a 4 year old so you should be great in that aspect. We hope to get an upgrade offer as you did because we REALLY want to experience a Penthouse. On the Star, they are beautiful. You did not mention which ship you are on so I can't comment. On the flip side, if you consider how many souvenirs, how many more drinks, how many more excursions you could buy with the 1400 pp, when the mini-suite will certainly be comfortable, maybe you should pass. If money is no object, grab the upgrade. Did I confuse you more...????

I was in a mini suite and a few weeks ago I was offered an upgrade to for $500 for each of the first two passengers, there are 3 of us. So total upgrade was $1000. I took it in a hot flash once I saw another CC poster's pictures of the AB suite. It is really like a 2 bedroom suite and a great bathroom! I would take it for the $400 per person not including your daughter and see what they say! Good luck! Marilyn

I agree I was in that category in early Oct--my 12th cruise but first in that type of room--Go for it you only live once -the bathroom is the size of 1/2 of a regular cabin--you will be spoiled

Don't even think about it. Just do it. That is a great price for an upgrade to a AB penthouse and its even better since this is a holiday cruise. ( we have been upgraded many times and I am learning what the "average" amount is depending on the cruise date) You will love the AB penthouse and the perks that come with it.

I'm thinking of doing the opposite type thing. My hubby and two daughters (17 & 20) are booked in an AB. DH and I have done a suite and enjoy the perks-- but I would save a little over $1,000 for the cruise fare alone if we book two BB's. I am also thinking we would save $200+ in tips for the concierge and butler.

I don't usually cheap out when we cruise, but having the girls along just adds that much more in food, tips, excursions, etc. I also think we won't spend as much time in the cabin.

What a dilemma- I haven't discussed it with the family yet as I know the hubby would say to downgrade as he is cheap!!

Advice, please:)

Hi,

Just got back from Spirit 5-day. Upgraded from balcony to AC suite on Deck 10 for wife and self. Best $$$ I EVER spent. Granted, tips for concierge and butler and 2 room stewards increase the bill, but:

'goodies' every day!

'special' check-in at the pier. this alone worth half the price! Butler takes you to cabin immediately

the next 30 minutes are non stop visitors at your cabin! Butler, room stewards and concierge. Concierge makes your dinner reservations, arranges the shore excursions and takes care of anything you need. No waiting in line for anything!

Our suite had a jacuzzi tub, full shower and pocket doors between bedroom/bathroom and the dining/sitting areas.

Fridge in the room!

It was a great value for us, but I am now spoiled and can't imagine another cruise without Lisa (our fabulous concierge) and Maxi, our excellent butler.

It's all about how you value the upgrade and extra attention and convenience. Oh, and I was always reluctant to leave the cabin!

This is a little off the subject but how much is a good bargain price for an AD-AC & AB suite on the 7 day Spirit cruise to Alaska. I did purchase an AB suite for 6/25 & believe I got a good price but am too inexperienced to be sure. My feelings won't be hurt (not too much) if I find other people got it cheaper. It's already paid for so I no longer worry about the cost but am very curious.

Archived