Certificates for future cruises?

tokidoki

:confused: :confused: Hi, have gone to various promotions for the future cruise certificates. It used to be up to $500, but I see it's only $250 now, anyone purchased recently, how long do I have to do the booking, is it one year, and then when do I have to cruise by?

Hi there, we purchased one of those on our cruise last January and I just actually booked a cruise today! You have a year to book it from the date you purchased it and you have 36 months from the time you purchased it until the time you have to take the cruise, ie: we bought it in January 2008 and we have until July 2010 to take the cruise. Once you apply your certificate/pre-paid deposit to a cruise, you can still make changes to your reservation if you want to, but you still have to take the cruise within the 36 months. I even used a travel agent, he is applying the pre-paid deposit for me. I checked the prices online last night, emailed him right away and he called NCL, got me the cabin we wanted at a cheaper price and a $300 on board credit on that cruise, what a deal!!!!!

I hope this explains it!

Browniegirl:D

:rolleyes: :confused: :confused: Hi, 1/08-7/10 is 30 months, you mentioned 36 months, I am just trying to clear it in my mind for the furure!

It is 30 months from date of purchase to sail.

If you read the 'terms and conditions' that Marlissa posted, all your questions should be answered.

We purchased one of the certificates on our Sept Sun cruise. The date we actually purchased was October 1, 2008. We have until October 1, 2009 to book and we have until April 1, 2011 to take the cruise. This is a total of 30 months from start to end. The biggest problem for me is WHERE! So many choices, how am I ever going to decide?! We most likely will only do this one cruise in that period of time too. There won't be any others as I lost my job in July and before I could find another I was told I needed surgery on my right shoulder. I'm now recuperting from surgery on October 20th. :-( I need to get a job and work awhile to get our finances back in order so that is why this cruise will probably not happen until at least mid 2010, if not later.

Kristy

What are these certificates, do you get them onboard and how much are they? thanks:)

They are future cruise deposit certificates. They cost $250 but you immediately get a credit against the cruise you are currently on of $100. You have 1 year to book your next cruise and then 18 months after that to sail. The original $250 counts as your complete deposit against the cruise. It is totally transferrable so if for any reason you can't go you can sell it to someone else. A no-brainer deal IMHO! :D

Kristy

We purchased one of the certificates on our Sept Sun cruise. The date we actually purchased was October 1, 2008. We have until October 1, 2009 to book and we have until April 1, 2011 to take the cruise. This is a total of 30 months from start to end. The biggest problem for me is WHERE! So many choices, how am I ever going to decide?! We most likely will only do this one cruise in that period of time too. There won't be any others as I lost my job in July and before I could find another I was told I needed surgery on my right shoulder. I'm now recuperting from surgery on October 20th. :-( I need to get a job and work awhile to get our finances back in order so that is why this cruise will probably not happen until at least mid 2010, if not later.

Kristy

I hope you will feel better soon! You will have lots of time for cruise planning. I think that is a lot of fun! ...but not as much fun as the cruise!

I hope you will feel better soon! You will have lots of time for cruise planning. I think that is a lot of fun! ...but not as much fun as the cruise!

Thank you Mailbroad. You're right....the planning and plotting is half the fun. Reading and dreaming helps to alleviate the paid and boredom of recuperation. :) I know there are great deals right now but since we can't feasibly go until at least 2010 or early 2011 I think that limits me to just plotting and planning right now. LOL

Kristy

Archived