cruise air--Minneapolis to LA

YooperGale

After Southwest releases it's schedule from MSP, go check the other airlines as they will probably have seat sales to counter SW's introductory fares. You can be sure that Northwest isn't going to sit back and do nothing when SW comes calling.

Thanks very much, everyone.

I will just hold off on a decision until Southwest's schedule comes out. If that doesn't work, I will check Orbitz.

Thanks again,

Gale

If you want to fly on March 20-21, I wouldn't wait too long for anything, even Carnival air deviation. Otherwise, plan on getting to your cruise with your cruise air just a few hours before it departs. There have been quite a few reports recently that Carnival has people arriving at the airport about 2:00PM.

You are flying PRIME TIME Florida/California. Easter/Spring Break

And who knows when Southwest may open up Minneapolis bookings??? PLUS if you use SW, you will fly out of Fort Lauderdale and so have the added expense and hassle of getting from the Miami cruise port to Fort Lauderdale airport.

AND if you want to fly out of MSP, you have to co-ordinate the flight from Chicago to MSP. Southwest is SOLD OUT for quite a few of the cheapest flights from FLL to Chicago that work with a cruise (after noon) through the end of the schedule. The lowest price I see from FLL to Chicago is $172.00 + taxes and fees. Add in another $30-50pp to get from Miami to FLL and whatever it costs to get from Chicago to MSP and you are well above the Carnival price.

Make sure you look at the TOTAL cost, not just the flight cost.

Here is what I found looking up 2 seperate one-way airfares

MSP 7:05a > LAX 8:55a or MSP 9:15p > LAX 11:14p $161 Northwest non-stop March 26

MIA 10:46a > MSP 2:57p $239 AirTran 1 stop in Atlanta April 5

$400 total each person. You should do the walk-off program to make a 10:46am flight

MSP 7:05a > LAX 8:55a or MSP 9:15p > LAX 11:14p $161 Northwest non-stop March 26

$400 total each person. You should do the walk-off program to make a 10:46am flight

Two things-you got the departure date wrong. I think the OP's cruise leaves on March 22. They would like to fly on March 20/21.

And taking the chance of a 10:46 departure out of one of the most chaotic/congested airports in the USA is insanity IMHO. ONE little glitch and the OP may be waiting a day or two to get home. Again, PRIME TIME Florida with Spring Break and Easter. And AirTran only has one more flight to MSP after the 10:46AM.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for this most recent information.I did find the same flight to LAX, but did not look at tht same flight from Miami. I thinkIwouldbe rather nervous about getting to the airport on time for the 10:46. It doesgive me something more to think about though.

Thanks again,

Gale

Archived