Can you walk on with a bottle of wine?

pocoehonda

We bought a 1.5 ltr bottle of wine - will they allow us to carry this on in NOLA since there are two adults? Or is it strictly 2 750 ml bottles? I know NOLA can be picky about these things, and we normally don't even try to do anything outside the designated rules - but we bought this large bottle without thinking.

NOLA

OK, I tried to figure it out. So I will just have to ask. What doe NOLA stand for?

Sioux ( inquiring minds wanna know)

Hello Souix6, NOLA is New Orleans, Louisiana. In this post, he surely meant the New Orleans port security.

Ok, now I've got a question.

I brought a bottle of white wine onboard Conquest and ended up not drinking it because I didn't have any way of chilling it.

I know I could have brought it into the dining room to enjoy with dinner, but how do you chill it for the first night?

I don't really care for red wines, otherwise that sure would solve my dilemma.

So, how do you all chill the wine you bring on board? If you take it into the dining room, do you just drink room temp wine the first night? I know my cabin steward saw that bottle of wine every day just sitting there, should I just have asked for another bucket of ice? I just felt like I was imposing. Maybe I need more courage? :o

Thanks in advance! :)

I do ask the steward for another ice bucket and ice. No problem.

I have also taken a bottle to the dining room on the second day. The waiter has it chilling in a stand bucket when I arrive for dinner. I don't finish it the first evening, and he has it ready the next evening.:)

:confused: Now why would you want to hit a sweet little ol' lady on the head?

People post a question, then...Some one always has a smarty pants reply. So, I decided to give you a taste how it feels. I have cruised before.I have never brought wine on board. Now, I know how much I can bring and I can walk on with it (not carrying it in my hands as you pointed out earlier). I just find it extremely discouraging and annoying that some people continue to make op's feel stupid for posting questions here.

In section 8f of your cruise contract, and on page 3 of your cruise documents, the issue of Liquor policy is addressed. Both documents state that "guests (21 years and older) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise".

I have heard much conjecture on the Carnival board about whether that is 750ml, as some have apparently seen somewhere on Carnival's website, or 1.5L a piece. The website is not my contract with Carnival, nor does it replace the information in writing in my cruise documents. Even though both documents can be printed from their website. I will abide with the written documents, that I will have with me at embarkation, stating I can bring one bottle a piece on board. My wife and I will each bring on board a 1.5L bottle of wine at embarkation.

People post a question, then...Some one always has a smarty pants reply. So, I decided to give you a taste how it feels. I have cruised before.I have never brought wine on board. Now, I know how much I can bring and I can walk on with it (not carrying it in my hands as you pointed out earlier). I just find it extremely discouraging and annoying that some people continue to make op's feel stupid for posting questions here.

I think you took it far too seriously. Was I the only one who saw the humor in the response? :confused:

Not to mention, I don't think a threat of violence is a taste of how a 'smarty pants reply' feels.

People, keep in mind you can't hear the humor or whatever in someone's voice on these boards so don't take things personally unless the poster actually called you stupid. I'm pretty sure it was just a joke.

Really, I did not ask the question to get "Humor". I do not think I asked or said anything wrong. I am a nice person and I love to cruise that is why I joined.I am leaving next week on my trip and I needed to ask a question. I tried to joke back with the "Little old lady". I could have ignored her-Should of ignored her(If I found her reply annoying, which I did). Now, Your telling me I said a threat of violence? I was trying to be a annoying smarty pants back. Give me a break. I guess I should no longer post on here.Seems like I can't win for losing.

Really, I did not ask the question to get "Humor". I do not think I asked or said anything wrong. I am a nice person and I love to cruise that is why I joined.I am leaving next week on my trip and I needed to ask a question. I tried to joke back with the "Little old lady". I could have ignored her-Should of ignored her(If I found her reply annoying, which I did). Now, Your telling me I said a threat of violence? I was trying to be a annoying smarty pants back. Give me a break. I guess I should no longer post on here.Seems like I can't win for losing.

I am sorry you felt that way, but Cotton has always been very cordial, and I suspect you truly hurt her feelings by your response.

It is very hard to put feeling into type written words, and from what I read, she was just trying to be humorous in her response.

I am truly sorry that you did not "hear" it that way.

Agreed. Guess it makes some people feel intelligent. ;)

I would be willing to bet that cotton's feelings were not "truly hurt" by the poster. Come on, this is a message board where strangers are making comments, these are not family and friends for the most part. Most folks take this stuff with a grain of salt.

When you stop in ports can you bring on a bottle from the different ports?

We were allowed to do it in the Med this past May. In fact we brought on 3 bottles one time.

We never brought a bottle to the table but there were large glasses in the room and my DH would fill it up and take it to dinner. We also brought a travel cork screw to open our own.

Our room steward brought us a bucket to chill it and you can also buy caps to put on the bottle so you can lay it down in the fridge.

Archived