Best PVP EVER!!!!! Dream here we come

ldb2

I just got off the phone with our long-time PVP and am on cloud 9 - had to tell everyone what a gem he is!

Background: We booked one of the coveted 1A with picture windows on the Freedom Transatlantic for Nov. 2009 at a GREAT price way back in Jan.; in June Carnival pulled the Freedom from it's 2009 European sailings. We decided to transfer our booking to the Liberty TA a few weeks later in 2009, however couldn't of course get the coveted 2465 (I think that was the room number) since a) it was booked and b) it had already been re-classed as a 6B. As most of you already know, this week Carnival pulled the Liberty from the 2009 European sailings. Well, the Dream was more that 700.00 more for the same cabin category, and that was just waaaaay too much more, especially with our Canadian dollar being in the toilet right now, so I called our PVP yesterday to say "unless you can get us switched to the Dream TA for the same price, we are going to have to cancel." I really really hated to do this but couldn't see spending another 1000.00 just to switch. He said, let me make a few calls and see what I can do. I didn't have very high hopes.

Well, Robert (our pvp for the past few years) just called me back and said "Laurie - I've got great news for you." I could tell from his voice he was awfully pleased - I didn't dare get my hopes up when I asked him what his news was but he asked "What was it you were wanting me to do for you?" Me: Get us switched to the Dream for the same price??? And he said "IT'S DONE"!!!!!!! I have our new booking info all printed out and I am looking at it in disbelief. I had to run downstairs and tell DH "We ARE going to Europe next year". Anyhow, thanks for letting me share my excitement with you. I was all ready to write customer service telling them how disappointed we were with all our cruises being cancelled; now I am going to write raving about their PVP. I just wish I could let everyone know his name and send more business his way!!!!

Laurie

We just had an inside category 4F so went from a 4F to a 4F - would love an ocean view or balcony, but just can't afford that luxury along with the airfare and some expenses to tour Italy pre-cruise. Hey - you only sleep in your room anyways, right?

We just had an inside category 4F so went from a 4F to a 4F - would love an ocean view or balcony, but just can't afford that luxury along with the airfare and some expenses to tour Italy pre-cruise. Hey - you only sleep in your room anyways, right?

It's a sight better than not going at all :) Congrats, and have a wonderful time!!!!!!!! Holly

Yes, I knew I didn't dare give specifics about my PVP - I hoped a first name with no last name or number was generic enough to be "safe"!. Wish I could though so I could give hime some business as a thank you.

Wish I could though so I could give hime some business as a thank you.

I recently sent an email to my PVPs supervisor about how much I appreciate her. That's the best thanks you can give your PVP.:)

I hope you see this, ldb2. Thanks for posting. We had #2465 on the Liberty but on the 11/6/09 sailing. Since our TA is presently on a cruise and won't be back until 11/4, I called Carnival and re-booked for the 10/3/09 Dream. They re-booked us at $680 more for a much less desirable 1A.

I saw your post and decided to try for an adjustment. I also saw a special extension for people who wanted to switch over to the Carnival Dream on the thread for the 10/3 Dream cruise.

I called and Carnival did right by us. They adjusted the price of the 12 night Carnival Dream Med cruise down $680 to the price we were paying on the Liberty and gave us a $50 OBC.

So thanks for making me persist! Too bad about the "secret" cabins though. We had 2462 on the Freedom in April and we'll have 2462 and 2465 on the Freedom for 1/11/09. I'm sorry that we won't be able to do it again!

Archived