Port of Miami Parking Tips & Savings

maddog59

I know that this has been asked before but most of the previous thread responses are quite old.

Can anyone provide tips and/or tricks on how to save on the parking expense at the Port of Miami? At $20/day it totals $140 for a 7 day cruise. We have 2 cars = $280.

I am wondering about nearby hotels that include parking. Alternatively, has any one rented a car and dropped it off at a location nearby? Finally, I suspect there may be other parking lots nearby for less but do not know how to find them.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks and regards,

Hi Maddog. I'm crusing out of Miami in March and am driving down since flights seem a little pricey. Not sure if you're also looking for a hotel? But I booked a room at Sleep Inn Miami Airport. $170 for the night, and it includes the park and cruise package. Someone from a different thread on here recommended it and said they felt their car was safe there.

Kristen

las palmas clarion offers free parking while on cruise and it costs 9.00 per person for shuttle to port...or you can try http://www.parksleepfly.com/cruiseport-hotels-rooms.html or Hyatt Summerfield Suites - Miami Airport has a cruise package 164 w/get you one night hotel and seven nights parking and the shuttle for two people one way I think its addtl 10 per person over 2 people...I have not used any of these yet but am looking into it as we cruise end of nov.

I'm hoping to get some information on this as well. We'll be flying in (too far to drive from WA state, lol), but my dad will be driving and needing to park his car. We'll likely stay someplace close to the Port of Miami, but dad would like something with free/cheap parking. He doesn't care about luxury (often stays at Motel 6), but safe and secure parking would be nice. Both of the previous suggestions sound great--~$170 a night is a little spendy for a sleep inn or clarion, but when you figure parking at the port would run $140 for the week, it's a bargain!

Keep the suggestions coming!

The best and safest place to park in Miami while on a cruise is the port. Anyplace that cost less will not be near the port and may not have secure and safe parking. Miami is a very high crime city. $20.00 a day is worth the safety and security in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
The best and safest place to park in Miami while on a cruise is the port. Anyplace that cost less will not be near the port and may not have secure and safe parking. Miami is a very high crime city. $20.00 a day is worth the safety and security in my opinion.

Our group had 4 cars, 3 of us used CBM and 1 used the port parking. When we returned from our cruise the car that used the port parking was broken into, the window was smashed and a GPS was taken out of the glove box... so much for it being secure at the port.

The rest of us used CBM, they were very friendly and professional, but the savings did not make up for the hassle. The bill for a 7 day cruise came to 94.50 + tax, I think we saved around $35, and for that savings we had to wait for the shuttle for embarkation. When we returned we had to wait for the shuttle, then go to the parking lot, wait for the car, then return to the port to pick up the rest of the group who had been waiting for an hour in the fl heat... not woth the hassle IMO, except for it being secure..

No matter what you do you are going to end up paying a lot for parking, I think the hotel package is the best alternative, at least you get 1 nights stay out of it.

I agree that parking at the Port of Miami is the safest place. I do not agree with the comment that Miami is a very high crime city. It is a major city, and as such, of course there will be crime, however for quite a few years in a row, Miami has been graded as a safer and safer city as the years go by. Crime rate is way down and Miami has definitely improved its image.:) Then again, I have lived in Miami most of my life and love this city.

• 2 weeks later...
peachhead11, can you give me more detail about handicapped form at POM? Where exactly do you get it? Do you have to have it before parking?

Thank you

You first have to have a state issued handicapped permit registered in the name of one of the travelers in your car. Then you can get the POM form there.

Archived