Carnival Still Offering Lamanai?

pmetiv

We are sailing on the Valor (Dec. 7) and the Lamanai excursion is not offered by Carnival but they are offering Xunantunich. I'm nervous of booking this with an independent vendor since it's looks like a full day excursion.

Thanks for your answers!

Pierre

We are going in the spring, and I was hoping to do the same as you. But after reading numerous replies from others, they all talk about the fact that going independently from the ship will more then likely work out fine. BUT, if you don't get back in time, the ship WILL leave you behind. As much as I would love to see the Lumanai Ruins, I believe we will go with the ship's trip to Xunantunich.

Check out this thread if you havent already...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=801982

We just went to Lamanai last week with this company, my review is on the last page. There are also other reviews throughout this thread. We chose to do Lamanai instead of the other ruins offered because it had only 1 hr on a bus and 1 hr on a boat in the jungle. We thought this would break up the trip and add some extra excitement. Plus we had an 8 yr old with us who wouldnt have been happy to sit on a bus for 2 hours. We had a great time, and we DID make it back! But obviously, stick with what you are comfortable with! You will enjoy either I am sure! ;)

I was on the Liberty when we diverted to the same route as the Valor (different order of ports). They offer Xuni.... and Altun Ha as ruin tours, but no Lamani was offered.

Altun Ha was quite nice and just the right size to wander around. There are three temples you can climb--one BIG one and two smaller ones...I choose the BIG one.....and loved it....

Archived