OMG - Call Carnival NOW!!!

kpparker

I used the past guest code to book and I just checked rates today. I could have gotten an upgrade up to an 8I but our fuel supplement would have gone up to the current price and we aren't willing to pay more since it was an upgrade only!

With the economy the way it is though...I'm going to keep checking...after final payment, some obc would be nice!

Hmph. I called Carnival and asked about the sale for MY cruise. 14 day through the Panama in March. I was told that because NO balcony rooms are available, and mine IS a balcony, though it still lists at TBA, I do not qualify for any sale price. That sucks!

I already did that and got upgraded from the MAIN deck to the SPA deck on the Freedom for the November 30, 2008 sailing.... no additional charge, and one heck of a great upgrade.:D

Wow that's a sweet upgrade! I'm booked on this sailing too and have an OV on deck 2- what type of pricing did you originally pay when you booked? I tried to upgrade and they offered me a cabin on the main deck, but it was more forward and connecting so I stayed on 2.

for an OBC for months. Unfortunately I did not book through Carnival (wished I'd found Cruise Critic before I booked) and I used one of those online travel sites that ends in o city. I've called several times and even though my cruise has dropped almost $300, they will not give me any type of credit. I've heard it all.........the increase in fuel supplement would eat up my OBC, and that there are no longer any 8A Balconies available....blah blah, blah.....Lesson learned! Next cruise will be booked differently!

Congrats to all who have been able to take advantage of the price drops!

I did pay attention to our price but it never did take a big dip. It even got higher than what we paid. Then I check again a day or so ago and they had sold out of the ocean view rooms.

I did get a couple price cuts, maybe like $50 total. But that’s better than nothing!

Yep, today's sale is great! I noticed this morning that someone on our roll call said they got an OBC yesterday, so I checked ours (I usually check every day, but hadn't checked in a few days...). Our 9A aft wrap (military rate) dropped and we got a $100 OBC! :D This 9A is costing us less than any balcony we've ever had before! Yay! We also booked though an on-line TA, and they did try to just upgrade us to a cat 11 instead for the same price (no way!), but with some persistance from DH, they called Carnival and got us the OBC instead. Whee hoo! :D

I called my TA and told her my price dropped and I'd be happy to take OBC. She told me Carnival doesn't offer OBC. WHAT?? I read cruise critic and I KNOW they give OBC!! LOL. She did call Carnival and they took $84 off our final price. I'm gonna keep checking till cruise time in March.

I have been watching the prices, since I have a few booked. When I saw this I realized I had not checked in a few days. I jumped on the phone, got a $100 OBC for my room and got an upgrade from GTD to a nice room on the Upper Deck!

Crusie Critic Members Rock!

I was just wondering if you could tell me how you got your slide show on cruise critic. I made one but can't get it on. Any help would really be appreciated...

I called my TA and told her my price dropped and I'd be happy to take OBC. She told me Carnival doesn't offer OBC. WHAT?? I read cruise critic and I KNOW they give OBC!! LOL. She did call Carnival and they took $84 off our final price. I'm gonna keep checking till cruise time in March.

The simple answer to your TA"s remark is: OBC only will happen if rates are lower than originally booked and only AFTER final payment is made. :cool:

Hmph. I called Carnival and asked about the sale for MY cruise. 14 day through the Panama in March. I was told that because NO balcony rooms are available, and mine IS a balcony, though it still lists at TBA, I do not qualify for any sale price. That sucks!

Carnival rarely does Panama Canal. I'm guessing that cruise (and especially balconies on that cruise) will be in-demand enough that you're not likely to see the same kinds of price reductions we're seeing on the more common cruises...

I did call today and get $50pp. But I want to know how can I find out the OBC is in the account. Is it split to two people or just in one person account?

I called my PVP yesterday,but he didn't return the call. Today I called directly to Carnival and it take over 45 min.to get the OBC (4 rooms 8 people).

He said he will send the email to confirm but I didn't get any email.

But in the E-Document it show the new price but no OBC.

Is it take few days to show the OBC?( I did the final payment)

I know they don't have upgrades for cat 1A. I have seen that Vacations to Go is offering a 55 plus rate for a OV for $239.00 (I'm currently paying $279.00 for the cat 1A) for the 5 day out of Tampa that my mother and I are taking on Dec 6th, however I tried to upgrade once before and was told I'd have to get a lower deck than the Empress. I don't want to go any lower so I guess I'm stuck! LOL :eek:

Karen, FL:cool:

I did call today and get $50pp. But I want to know how can I find out the OBC is in the account. Is it split to two people or just in one person account?

I called my PVP yesterday,but he didn't return the call. Today I called directly to Carnival and it take over 45 min.to get the OBC (4 rooms 8 people).

He said he will send the email to confirm but I didn't get any email.

But in the E-Document it show the new price but no OBC.

Is it take few days to show the OBC?( I did the final payment)

I got 30 pp 3 days ago and it doesnt show on my payments, my pvp sent me an email showing the obc... maybe that will help you

I called during the sale and was able to get $150 off our 12/09 cruise on the Dream, which I thught was good since we booked early and the cruise is a long way off. I had to be really agressive to get it, was on hold 3 times. Called my son and my DIL called and came away with an offer to pay $1000 more for an upgrade they didn't want on the same cruise. Go figure!

THANKS for this thread. I got an additional $100 OBC this morning after checked prices and called my TA. :)

I was just wondering if you could tell me how you got your slide show on cruise critic. I made one but can't get it on. Any help would really be appreciated...
Same here, when I tried to post the pics in Slide, Cruise Critic says no Advertisement allowed. :(

Archived