Noise in aft cabins

whiskey girl

I am looking at cruising on the Liberty and have an opportunity to get Premium Balcony 9A. I have always been hesitant to go to the back of the ship because I heard sometimes it was noisy. The rooms are on the Verandah deck so there is a pool and sun deck above. Should I worry about noise?

I have only stayed midship on previous cruises.

Your help is appreciated.

We were in an aft balcony on Verandah deck this summer. Noise was not a problem at all. We never heard anything. The view is awesome. The only issue we had is the heat. It was very hot and sunny out there. However the sunsets and watching the wake made up for it.

We have not been on the Liberty - but we have had many aft cabins. We love is because it is NOT noisy!! Very few slamming doors and no "hall noise" because if someone does not have a cabin - there is no reason to be back there.

If I had the opportunity for any aft - much less a 9A - I would snap it up!!!

Whiskey Girl, we booked a 9A aft on the Veranda deck on the Liberty for the Jan. 31st 09 cruise. When are you looking to go? I'd be happy to answer any questions when we return, if you are going later than that. If earlier, you could let me know all about it!!

We have had aft wraps on deck 7 on the Conquest and deck 5 on the Miracle. As others have said, you have less traffic in the halls, so there is less noise of that type. I guess there is probably some engine and water noise that you hear on the balcony, but it's not overwhelming. We have never found it to be disturbing in any way. If there is any engine noise in the cabin, we have not noticed it. But it would be a constant sound that you would quickly become accustomed to hearing. My DH and I have both found that we sleep better in an aft cabin than midship. I don't know exactly why that is, but it's true! It is a priority for us to be able to book an aft wrap from now on.....if none are available, we'll choose a different cruise! :D

I am looking at cruising on the Liberty and have an opportunity to get Premium Balcony 9A. I have always been hesitant to go to the back of the ship because I heard sometimes it was noisy. The rooms are on the Verandah deck so there is a pool and sun deck above. Should I worry about noise?

I have only stayed midship on previous cruises.

Your help is appreciated.

Noise? From the Lido deck? From the hallways? from the engines?

From the engines? No noise there, the engines are actually located much more toward midship than aft.

From the hallways? Almost silence, very little foot traffic way back there.

From the Lido deck? Some possibility, but unlikely in a corner wrap.

What you may feel from time to time is a vibration from the props when the ship speeds up or starts out. It is a normal occurrence and nothing to be concerned about and you may never notice it.

Dan

My DH and I had a 9A on the Veranda deck in Sept. on the Valor and absolutely loved it. I had packed ear plugs because I had heard about noise being a problem, but we never opened them. Have a great cruise and enjoy that extended balcony.

Thank you very much! We are cruising June 2009 - nothing like forward planning. This was originally on the Pride but the ships have changed since we booked. Though we have enjoyed the Pride in the past, I am excited to experience a new(er) ship.

I look forward to hearing from you in February. Our cabin is 8448 (but I could get 8442.

Lee Ann

Thanks Dan. I heard of some engine noise possibilities and am glad to know that is not a concern. I'd also heard of decks below with scrapping furniture, etc.; likewise on that info. Excellent point on the hallways - no one across the hall. I do appreciate all your information.

Lee Ann

Archived