Snorkeling question

girlpenguin

I'm trying to figure out what to do in Belize for our January cruise. My husband does not swim. I wanted to do cave tubing, but with the recent death I'm concerned about taking the non-swimming husband on that. We don't really want an excursion where we're gone for 7 hours looking at ruins. I hear snorkeling is beautiful and there are a couple of shorter snorkeling excursions offered by the cruise ship.

On our honeymoon, my hubby did snorkeling (with a life vest) but it was shore snorkeling. He still liked it. But when we stayed at a Sandals resort they wouldn't let him snorkel (they took us out on boats). Does anyone know if it is a requirement to be able to swim on any of the snorkeling trips? If we don't snorkel I honestly don't know what we'll do. We're not really interested in zip lining or ATVs either.

We did Goff's Caye with the kids this past spring. You can either snorkel off the boat or from shore. Off the shore it is quite shallow, very clear and the coral is beautiful. If you want to snorkle off the boat on the reef you can do so for about 30-40 min and then meet up on the shore. THere is a small amount of food (keep in mind you are back at the ship by noon) and drinks. It does allow you to shop a bit afterwards at the pier. We really enjoyed it.:D

Archived