San Pedro

LaPaloma

We are 9 days from departure on the Shadow for the Mexican Riviera--we are flying from Tucson to LAX. We did this once before and took a cab from LAX to San Pedro--I imagine this is the best (and only) way to do it. I think it took about 45 minutes. Am I correct? Don

I'd say it's more like 1/2 hour LAX to San Pedro, especially since it's a Sunday. We're driving from Phoenix. Cost is a wash for a rental car, gas, parking, etc. with the airfare, limo, taxi, etc and we don't have to shlep bags around and contend with the airport hassles. See you all aboard. Marycang, we used to live in Costa Mesa before moving to Phoenix 12 years ago.

I'd say it's more like 1/2 hour LAX to San Pedro, especially since it's a Sunday. We're driving from Phoenix. Cost is a wash for a rental car, gas, parking, etc. with the airfare, limo, taxi, etc and we don't have to shlep bags around and contend with the airport hassles. See you all aboard. Marycang, we used to live in Costa Mesa before moving to Phoenix 12 years ago.

We are flying over Saturday afternoon--overnighting at the Crown Plaza in San Pedro. We plan to go to ship pretty close to 10:30am Sunday. That will give us plenty of time to settle in and get reacquainted with the Shadow--been almost 4 years since our last cruise on the Shadow. With an early start, I would imagine you will be arriving a little after noon. See you on board! Don

Bon Voyage, LaPaloma: The Shadow last December was still itself, given the expected wear and tear since 2004 when we were on the same voyage. Now you should get the new LCD-TV (installed just after our Panama Canal voyage), and the new (changed from 2004) mostly Philippino crew were very nice last December. Wish you the best, and tell us your stories after you come back.

P.S. We have just returned from our interesting Venice to Athens cruise on board the Oceania Nautica, with pre-/post- cruise. We will start writing a full report in the Oceania column of this board in the next couple of days. It will be in sections over the next week or two as usual .. meow!

Archived