FLL Hotel - Shuttle, Breakfast good $ wanted

fancymeetingyouhere

Try the LaQuinta on 26 st. in Hollywood. I know it has the shuttle and breakfast. Not sure about the price when you are going. Sometimes I find very reasonable prices at that hotel, and other times it is higher. Suppose it just depends on when you are going and how full the hotel is.

Go to their web site lq.com I have found the same prices on there as on expedia and similar site. Plus, if you can use the senor or AAA rates that helps some.

If booking online, use the code USTBLE for a 25% discount on the room, which put our room for December at 81.75 total. We usually stay at this hotel. It is within walking distance of several eateries and last minute shopping. The breakfast is adequate and the shuttle gets the job done.

If booking online, use the code USTBLE for a 25% discount on the room, which put our room for December at 81.75 total. We usually stay at this hotel. It is within walking distance of several eateries and last minute shopping. The breakfast is adequate and the shuttle gets the job done.

Wow thanks , I'll give it a try. I need all the help i can get - this cruise is Spring break cruise and they jack up the prices so high

oh boo, the codes doesn't work for March break. Thanks for trying ;)

I just booked the Hampton Inn at the airport. They have a free shuttle to both the airport 5am-12am and to port. They include a full breakfast too. There is a strip mall closeby, but also an independent van/shuttle that takes you to beach, Las Olas, Sawgrass Outlet mall. The hotel staff said it costs $15-20, but forgot to ask if that was one way or RT.

There is also a city bus stop near the hotel.

I used AAA discount, but they also had AARP etc, for April 4th for $134 night.

Trip Advisor had good things to say about this one, but no so good for the Hampton downtown.

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn - Dania twice and were very happy. They offer the shuttle from the airport and to the port. There is also a Walgreens right next door and a shopping center across the street with a couple of restaurants (the Mexican one is very good). They also offer free breakfast in the morning. It is great place to stay the night before the cruise. :)

Try the LaQuinta on 26 st. in Hollywood. I know it has the shuttle and breakfast. Not sure about the price when you are going. Sometimes I find very reasonable prices at that hotel, and other times it is higher. Suppose it just depends on when you are going and how full the hotel is.

Go to their web site lq.com I have found the same prices on there as on expedia and similar site. Plus, if you can use the senor or AAA rates that helps some.

I just booked the Hampton Inn at the airport. They have a free shuttle to both the airport 5am-12am and to port. They include a full breakfast too. There is a strip mall closeby, but also an independent van/shuttle that takes you to beach, Las Olas, Sawgrass Outlet mall. The hotel staff said it costs $15-20, but forgot to ask if that was one way or RT.

There is also a city bus stop near the hotel.

I used AAA discount, but they also had AARP etc, for April 4th for $134 night.

Trip Advisor had good things to say about this one, but no so good for the Hampton downtown.

Well, fancymeetingyouhere, it really depends on how small the country is :D !

Either of these hotels are good. They're clean, offer a shuttle from the airport, are close to some stores, have a continental breakfast (with some hot items) and offer either a free (LaQuinta) or reasonably priced (Hampton) shuttle to the pier.

We'd stay at either again.

we are staying at Springhill suites in dania ( near airport I believe) for $144 1/17/09 (Martin Luther-King weekend). It includes bkfst, free shuttles from airport and to cruiseport. and is within walking distance to shops, restaurants. Might want to check it out

Can anyone use the discount codes??? I don't want to use it and then be asked for some company ID that I don't have.

Thanks,

Carol

Carol, I went onto http://www.retailmenot.com/view/laquinta.com (This is actually a great website to find online discount codes for anything you can think of online) and through comments for USTBLE, I found that the discount is for the US Table Tennis Olympic Team. TOO FUNNY. BUT, there were many people that used it and left comments that the front desk didn't ask any questions. I've found that most times, when I use a discount at a hotel (that's been booked online), the front desk doesn't seem to ask for proof. But usually, I'm using a discount code that I'm actually eligible for! Anyway, it works, and it seems most people are being able to use it even though they're not Tennis Table Olympians... I'd booked with La Quinta on Spruce St in July, but this discount code will drop my rate by about $6.00, so I just re-booked (hey, that's another drink on the boat!)... The shuttle is NOT free. If I remember correctly, it's $20.00 (total, not per person). But this hotel is STILL cheaper, even when you add in the $20.00, than the higher priced ones that include shuttle service. And many of the ones that include shuttle service don't have breakfast. AND, you can arrange for the shuttle to pick you up from the port when you get back and give transportation to the airpot. I believe that's also $20.00. This location was rated #32 out of 155 hotels on Trip Advisor.com. Not too shabby for such a low priced hotel......

What is this code and do I need proof of it when I check in. The rate I'm bringing up is nice but I don't want to not know how to answer when they ask a question.

USAROL is for USA Roller Sports. No idea what that means... But just like I told Carol, I bet they'll honor it... Just plead ignorance at the front desk if they ask. Say that you were given the discount code on a website and thought it was open to anyone. For all you know, it is open to anyone!

Carol, I went onto http://www.retailmenot.com/view/laquinta.com (This is actually a great website to find online discount codes for anything you can think of online) and through comments for USTBLE, I found that the discount is for the US Table Tennis Olympic Team. TOO FUNNY. BUT, there were many people that used it and left comments that the front desk didn't ask any questions. I've found that most times, when I use a discount at a hotel (that's been booked online), the front desk doesn't seem to ask for proof. But usually, I'm using a discount code that I'm actually eligible for! Anyway, it works, and it seems most people are being able to use it even though they're not Tennis Table Olympians... I'd booked with La Quinta on Spruce St in July, but this discount code will drop my rate by about $6.00, so I just re-booked (hey, that's another drink on the boat!)... The shuttle is NOT free. If I remember correctly, it's $20.00 (total, not per person). But this hotel is STILL cheaper, even when you add in the $20.00, than the higher priced ones that include shuttle service. And many of the ones that include shuttle service don't have breakfast. AND, you can arrange for the shuttle to pick you up from the port when you get back and give transportation to the airpot. I believe that's also $20.00. This location was rated #32 out of 155 hotels on Trip Advisor.com. Not too shabby for such a low priced hotel......

ROFLOL - that is hilarious. I'll just pack a ping pong paddle. I'll tell them I'm training on the Navigator - I doubt they will check.

We booked at Best Western and it was $97 a night including breakfast and its walking distance real close to the beach and about a 10 minute walk to Las Olas Blvd. Serves a great breakfast but no shuttle.

HAHA!!!! That's clever!!!

Archived