Roatan local dive operators

Basha

I used Bananarama a few years ago for my certification dives. I had great service and the other divers seemed to enjoy it as well.

Funny you should mention Bananarama. Watched an episode of House Hunters International on HGTV a few weeks ago, and the couple they were featuring bought Bananarama. They had taken a cruise to Roatan and fell in love with the island & wanted to buy a small resort & diveshop. Looked like a cool little place and on their website, they state they cater to the cruiseship diver.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

How are you? Where are you going next? We really had a great time diving in French Polynesia. It doesn't get much better! Debbie and I are thinking of going to Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan February. We have heard good and bad about the resort. Heard anything about the resort? Hope to dive and see you guys again

Richard

Hey R & D!

Haven't stayed there...in fact, havn't made it to Roatan yet. Most of what I've heard about AK has been positive. My stepson & his wife went to Roatan on their honeymoon and really liked the area. Don't remember where they stayed, but it was small and had individual cabanas.

We're off to Cozumel in February for Carnaval the 21st - 25th.

Any pics from FP yet?

Mike & Connie

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed for a week in Roatan twice, once with Inn of Last Resort, and once with Anthony's Key. The ships all book with Anthony's mostly. Large operation so it depends on what time of year you go. In Jan or Feb, you will probably only have 5 - 10 divers on a 20 person boat. Inn of Last Resort is a rustic family run resort with three 20 person wooden dive boats. Captain Ed is a hoot, and as long as you don't mind him banging on the engine or the rudder every once in a while, they are great! You could email either one, they are both about 15 minutes from the dock and will come pick you up.

Archived