Laundry on the pearl

mi33865

As the other posters mentioned, they have laundry rooms on a few decks but they are not easy to spot unless you know the room number. I think we paid a small charge but I honestly don't remember. I recommend timing your trip to a bit of an off hour (very early morning for example) and avoid the last day of your trip. I met a few folks who had washed their clothes on the last day but gave up waiting for a dryer so had clothes hanging all over their room they said! I did a wash early morning in the middle of the week and did not have any problems at all.

The Pearl has three. Be prepared if you try to use them during daylight hours. We just did a 19 day repo, used the laundry three times. One gal tied up a washer running it an entire cycle with nothing in it. One woman strolled in and announced to a crowd waiting for a machine to become available that "I have been down here three times waiting for a machine, I am taking the next one." Apparently she thought that coming to the laundry and then leaving put her ahead of folks who actually sat there for hours. I could tell more stories, but you get the point. If we were to do it again, we would pay to have it done...

We sailed on the Pearl back in Dec 2007 and I used the laundry on one day we were docked in one of the ports. I used it it in the middle of the day and had no problems. I used the laundry on deck 10 and it was located across from room 10082. Below is a picture of the sign on the door. It is located in the upper left hand corner of the door.

1497248317_Picture448-1.jpg.6720e044be46168e0c1aac9bf7f2ac96.jpg

Doug

For the person inquiring about laundry on the Dawn... I don't believe they have one on the Dawn. I believe it is on all of the newer ships (Gem, Jewel, Pearl etc.. except for Jade).

We used the laundry on the Pearl, it was very nice and best of all free! Just purchase laundry detergent and fabric softener or bring your own. It is very nice. Top of the line front loader Meile machines. Very high quality, be careful the temp you wash in as it will get very hot if you set it too high and wreak havoc with your colors. They get clothes very clean.

The Pearl has three. Be prepared if you try to use them during daylight hours. We just did a 19 day repo, used the laundry three times.

I was on that same (great!) cruise. After sticking my head in the door of the laundry 3 or 4 times and finding it always busy with people waiting, I gave up. When I graduated from college MANY moons ago, I figured my days of arguing over machines in the dorm laundry were over! :-)

So I used the Pearl's "paid" laundry service and found it very satisfactory - and not that expensive all things considered.

And one of my first tasks after that cruise was to shop for some clothing items that could be easily washed and dried in my cabin so that I would never face this problem to such a degree ever again! :-)

We sailed on the Pearl back in Dec 2007 and I used the laundry on one day we were docked in one of the ports. I used it it in the middle of the day and had no problems. I used the laundry on deck 10 and it was located across from room 10082. Below is a picture of the sign on the door. It is located in the upper left hand corner of the door.

[ATTACH]94951[/ATTACH]

Doug

Doug, it sounds to me that Cozumel would be a good day for me to do laundry. I don't care for that port and I plan to use that as a "sea day."

I forgot to mention, my wife ironed a blouse, and discovered that there was something stuck on the bottom of one of the irons in the laundry, it made a stain on the material. So check out those irons before using them!!!

I, too, was on the same 19-day repo cruise as OldBaldGuy and mtwingcpa and I did laundry about two or three times. That being said, I am normally the one who does it at home, too.

Luckily, I am an early riser on cruises and my wife, who is an early riser at home, just relaxes in bed. On laundry days, I went between 6:00 & 6:30 and normally found folks in the laundry rooms on 9 & 10, but had great luck getting into the room on 5.

We know several folks who, in a search for bragging rights, had over 40 pieces of laundry stuffed in those fixed rate laundry bags.

Here's the map for the laundry locations on the Pearl:

2000497969979318730_rs.jpg

I always travel with a tube of soleplate cleaner for the iron. They are small tubes and they work great on those things on the irons. I sure would like to know what people burned to cause some of those messes.

I show the Dawn has having laundry rooms.

Take a look at http://http://www.tilley.com/. Their stuff is pricey, but high quality, and most has a lifetime guarantee. Their clothes are designed to be washed in a sink and line dried in a room...

Thanks, I've been looking at their stuff along with Ex Officio and TravelSmith. It IS pricey, but you only need a couple of changes. And it would have saved considerable luggage space.

My goal is to undertake a trip of any duration with nothing but a Rick Steves' carry-on backpack. :-)

On laundry days, I went between 6:00 & 6:30 and normally found folks in the laundry rooms on 9 & 10, but had great luck getting into the room on 5.

Rats! I never checked the laundry room on deck 5. But I probably wouldn't have liked the repetitive hike up and down from 9.

Fortunately I had good luck with the "paid" laundry, both "express" and "regular" service. The goods were always done on time, and I was free to do (as they say in NCL-speak) "whatever." :-)

Archived