Holiday

teacher2cruiser

There was a lady who just got off Holiday and wrote a trip report about it. She mentioned it was a little rough at sea. Not sure if that is normal for this time of year. I had only been around that area of the gulf during the summer.

We are going out next Saturday, so I hope to have fair winds and following seas.

the Holiday is a very small ship so the ocean waves move the ship much more the newer large ships. I went on her in 2007 and not only was there a lot of movement, but when the ship pulled into port our room shook like an we were in an earthquake and the engine noise was loud. We booked late and ended up on Main deck at the back of the ship, hopefully you are not near that section of the ship.

We will be boading the Holiday for the sailing after yours. We were just on her the last week of August and had a great time. We had rough seas the first night (this was remnants from the hurricane that had just come through), but beyond that we had smooth sailing.

Enjoy! If you have specific questions about the ship, I would be happy to answer them!

and the next day at sea. . It was calmer later that night. At least NOT hot. Sorry no more Grand Gala Buffet, but Mexican is still going. Brad Tassell did 2 shows, but says he will only do the 10:30 one, as there were only 65 pax in the Amer Lounge. But his Afult show was packed. Manny thejuggler was good, even in the rough sea! Thr ACD is new, and I won 2 more S O A S's (ship/s on a stick) now my fleet is 7, and 2 medals, which aren't given any more it seems.great questions, and most of the Trivias are themed to suit all pax..lucky I am artsy, and Broadway-ish. There is sports and 50's-60's. Tory is a great CD..The Pursers desk folk ROCK..Hello Hector!!!.....H J S..hope you got the "note"

Archived