Lamanai ruins

maninmontreal

I'm considering a tour to Lamanai ruins using Belize Explorer Eco Tours. Anyone done this? Impressions please. Thnaks.:)

There are a number of threads about Lamanai. More and more people are going and having a great experience. Here is one thread that might be helpful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=801982&highlight=lamanai

the day we were there...we went through NCL's excursions...there were 2 boats fulls, from the ships, and one private tour. the 1st boat ate lunch while we toured...by the time we were 1/2 way around, they started their tour. the private tour was one tour guide and his group of 2. we had 23 on our tour, about the same for the 1st boat..then the private group..less then 50 people at lamanai at one time.

there were more howler monkeys, in the trees, then people on the ground:D. it was sooo nice to be able to hear the sounds of nature, rather then the sounds of tourists. the day before, at quiriqua (out of santo tomas)..it was hard to hear the tour guide with all the tours/talking going on.

everything about lamanai and the river safari was perfect...the ruins are intact and very interesting, the river ride was great...

(photos are in my webshot link in my signature)

Archived