Carnival kids club

tammitd

I'm sailing next month..My son has been in RCCL program and loved it. He is currently 5 1/2 and I'm curious as to the experience of others that have had their children in Carnivals program at this age. The age breakdown concerns me with 2 -5 being the group. It seems as though the 5 year olds would be better grouped with the next age rather than 2 year olds. I'm concerned that he will not enjoy the activities? Anyone have any opinions from experience?

Thanks!

Yep I've had kids in both programs and during both age groups. The kids club activities are at the link in my signature. Just click on it, then click on Camp Carnival on the left hand side.

If you had done RCCL again, then the age group would be the same as Camp Carnival with the exception of the 2 year olds. RCCL is 3-5, Carnival is 2-5. The activities are similiar on both lines with the exception of Carnival doing more physically active things (at least in my opinion they do).

RCCL had more quiet craft time and more sitting during story time (which my youngest really dislikes). Carnival allowed the kids to get up and move around more.

They both have Talent Shows. They both have dance parties. Carnival has a Build A Bear program that you can pay for ($29.99). So they can build a buddy during camp.

At Camp, they made backpacks (in RCCL they made Pillow Cases).

Both programs are more similiar than different.

Thank you so much for the reply..I meant to specifically direct my question to you since I knew you had a lot of cruises with the children :)

By the way, we will be on the Oasis in 2010 on the 16th as well! Can't wait. I definitely think my son will enjoy Carnival's program then, as he loves to be physically active. Thanks again

]

By the way, we will be on the Oasis in 2010 on the 16th as well! Can't wait.

Noooo way! On January 16? :D If yes, then you have to come on over to the Roll Call. And we do have a few kids already going on that one. :D

Here's the roll for that, come on over!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=813971&page=13

Archived