Roll Call: Silver Whisper, Singapore-Sydney, 4 December

ging466

Hi, We are on the same trip as you are. Are you looking forward to it? Not so long now.:D When are you arriving in Singapore?

Greetings

Maria

Hi Maria

Good to hear from you again. I wonder if anyone else will be joining us:D

I arrive in Singapore on 2 December, staying at the Swisshotel for the first night and then the Fairmont for the pre-cruise night.

I would love to meet up with you on the ship, I'm in Vista 411.

Cheers

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

We also arrive in Singapore on the 2th and are staying 2 nights at the Fairmont aswell. What a coincident. On the Whisper we are in suite 705. Seems not a lot of people from CC on this trip. Do you know if there are still suites availible?

Cheers

Maria

Do you know if there are still suites availible?

Cheers

Maria

Hi Maria

I don't know the answer to that. When I booked 14 months ago, my TA told me that I got the second last Vista suite. So I guess the Vistas are sold out.

Are you doing an early embarkation? Initially I was but then the Aussie Dollar dropped over 30% and that made the early lunch seem a bit too pricey. I've got quite a bit to do in Singapore so will board at the normal time.

Have you booked your shore excursions? They are all available on line now.

Cheers

Jennifer

Hi Maria

My documents arrived in the mail tonite. They came in a lovely big silver box. Inside is a passport/ticket wallet made of some kind of material and one luggage tag. There are several paper tags for the luggage with your name & suite no. The ticket wallet is far too cumbersome for me - I will probably chuck it and it isn't particularly stylish, neither is the luggage tag. I guess I was a little disappointed with it.

Anyway there is lots of info about the ports and shore excursions and various other bits of information which I have read previously on the SS website.

Now that I have all my documents, I'm a happy camper!

Cheers

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Great you got yours, makes it all a bit more real I think. Phoned my Ta and they said I can expect them about 10 days before we leave, so have to have patience. Can you recommend shore excursions in Australia? I was thinking about the Koala thing and the crocodile feeding. My partner has seen it all on a previous cruise along Australia but I have not. Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,

Maria

Hi Jennifer, Great you got yours, makes it all a bit more real I think. Phoned my Ta and they said I can expect them about 10 days before we leave, so have to have patience. Can you recommend shore excursions in Australia? I was thinking about the Koala thing and the crocodile feeding. My partner has seen it all on a previous cruise along Australia but I have not. Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,

Maria

Hi Maria

It depends on how long u've got in Sydney. You can do things yourself much cheaper than anything SS would offer.

Some of the things that I wud recommend are:

• Climb the Harbour bridge
  • See Taronga Park Zoo
  • Take a harbour cruise
  • See Bondi beach
  • Take a ferry to Manly
  • Wander around The Rocks and Circular Quay
  • Go up AMP Tower
  • Botanical Garden
  • Visit the Blue Mountains (100km or so west of Sydney)

This website might give you some ideas:

http://www.sydney100.com/

Hope this helps

Cheers

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the info, but I was thinking about shore excursions in Darwin and Brisbane. The children live in Sydney so we know where we can go overthere. We are staying in Bondi after the cruise because they live there. Cruise documents are delivered last Saturday but they are at my neighbours because I was away for the weekend. Will pick them up later.

Cheers,

Maria

[*]Climb the Harbour bridge

[*]See Taronga Park Zoo

[*]Take a harbour cruise

[*]See Bondi beach

[*]Take a ferry to Manly

[*]Wander around The Rocks and Circular Quay

[*]Go up AMP Tower

[*]Botanical Garden

[*]Visit the Blue Mountains (100km or so west of Sydney)

If you are "less active", you can try:

the QVB (Queen Victoria Building), a multi-storeyed mall or

roaming around the corner of King Street and Castlereigh, where all the brand name shops are!

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the info, but I was thinking about shore excursions in Darwin and Brisbane.

Hi Maria

Sorry I misread your post.

In Darwin, I'm doing the Litchfield National Park tour - it's the longest of the excursions in Darwin. I wanted to go to Kakadu but they don't have a tour there - we aren't in port long enough I guess.

I'm not doing anything in Thursday Island, I'll play that by ear.

I've been to Cairns many times so I'm doing my own thing there too. I can recommend the Kuranda skyrail and scenic train - it's fantastic. Also the barrier reef is marvellous.

In Hamilton Island, I'm doing the Heart Reef & Whitehaven scenic flight. Again I've been there many times but never seen it by air. The two Whitehaven tours sound great. Whitehaven is an amazing beach, can definitely recommend it.

In Brisbane, I'm meeting up with friends so no tours. The Koala Cuddles and Culture would be a good tour.

Oh yeah and in Bali, I'm doing the elephant safari :D

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jennifer

Archived